Outlook Express - Email will not send (1 Viewer)

Red6

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:47
This is driving me nuts - despite several emails and calls to BT Tech Helpline, I am still unable to send email via Outlook Express.

Allow me to explain:

Outlook Express is set up with a mail account via BT Internet - I can receive email via this server but cannot send. I have checked, removed, re-inputted the account details several times, including the check box for authentication, which is normally the problem but no joy.

However, if I log on to BT Yahoo web based mail using the same user name and password, I can send and receive email no problem, which indicates to me that the account details are correct.

I have checked the Internet Account Manager settings in the registry and in particular the SMTP settings and all seems ok. If needed, I have a copy of the account details from HKey_Current_Software_Microsoft_Internet Account Manager.

I am now thinking that Norton has let something through, although having run a scan, all seems ok.

This is now becoming frustrating and I would appreciate some expert guidance if at all possible.

Many thanks
Ian

Rickster57

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:47
I feel your pain

I worked on something somewhat similar with an individual that owns a small business. He was unable to send/receive emails after a restart of the PC. He had Outlook Express and MacAffe anivirus. What was happening is that after a restart his POP3 was resetting to the internal IP address of his PC.

Long story short and after gaining several gray hairs I uninstalled MacAffee, installed Norton 2007, created only one email account in Outlook Express and the problem went away. Since then no problems receining/sending email.
Don't know if this is happening with you but it would be interesting if you were able to intall Microsoft Outlook, use that for emails and see if the problem goes away.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom