Outlook Express-Hotmail (1 Viewer)

Ripley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:29
Does anyone know why Microsoft discontinued using outlook express with hotmail accounts? I think its available to paying customers, but why?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:29
Microsoft said:
"In order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN services."

:rolleyes: Don't think they ever gave a full explination. If you had an account before Feb 2005 (I think) you could still use it but it was for new acconts they stopped Outlook support.
If you still want to use a local e-mail client with Hotmail try Thunderbird it's free :D

Ripley

Registered User.
Local time
ok but i cant seem to get Thunderbird to work with hotmail. How do you do it?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Ripley said:
ok but i cant seem to get Thunderbird to work with hotmail. How do you do it?

Sorry I should have said it doesn't natively but you can add an extention that enables web mail support - try this

Ripley

Registered User.
Local time
cool, it works great. But on the hotmail i've got a folder where i store all my old messages, is there a way that i can access that folder, because at the moment all i can do is recieve new messages and send new ones.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
I haven't got this extension installed so can't test this out but from the help forums (Here) bottom of page 3

Select options > add and specify the folders you want to download from the acount

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom