Solved Outlook - junk mail (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:29
Rules don't seem to be able to get rid of unwanted emails no matter how many I make. My email is hosted by Yahoo. It was originally an ATT account but they sold their business in my area and offloaded the emails to Yahoo. I guess I should be happy they didn't delete it entirely but Yahoo is useless when it comes to support. Is there some other option that can reliably tag these pesky emails?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:29
I use Mailwasher, with a lifetime licence.
You train it to recognise unwanted emails.

Mails never ever come anywhere near your computer? :)

Alternatively, pass them through a Google account, which has a very good spam detector, but I am not sure you would prefer to use Google for that?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Gasman. I'll look into Mailwasher. I don't use anything Google. I won't even own Google stock. They are evil and I will not support them in any way.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I seem to recall you felt that way.😀
I have been using mailwasher for years. There is still a free version for one account I believe, so you could try it out that way.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
There is a 90 day money back guarantee, so not much to lose😀

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was just jerking your chain. Looks like a good product. I liked the interface better than the others I looked at.

I see the company also sells a VPN. You don't use that by any chance do you?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've been using the product for a couple of days and it catches on fast. What a relief. I was getting at least 50 spam emails a day plus the ones that Outlook was using rules successfully to shuffle into other folders that I could look at if I wanted to.

Thanks again Gasman.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've been using the product for over three months and I'm a believer:) I don't like that it isn't embedded in Outlook but that is a small price to pay to reliable get rid of spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom