Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
Good luck with that

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:42
Abbott would do it if he thought they wouldn't meet the bus with guns at the border:)

jpl458

Local time
I guess the idiots who voted for this think that the Dems will ALWAYS be in power or that there really are rich people out there who cheat on their taxes. The IRS audits President Trump and his businesses EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Is that persecution? Do they really expect to find something or are they doing it just because they can and by doing so, they can make him spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year on accountants that he would not otherwise have to spend.

Anyway, anyone who thinks that Companies and the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes should ask Congress why they keep adding loopholes to the tax code that only favored companies and wealthy individuals can take advantage of. Adding 87,000 new IRS agents isn't going to change this because the tax code isn't changing. Trump did his best to remove loopholes but he was fought tooth and nail by the swamp. I think he got rid of the SALT (which affected me since I live in a high tax state) but since I think the deduction is wrong I was OK loosing it.

So, what I want the actual Democrats to think about is - do you really think these new agents won't ever be sic'd on you? OK, so the Democrats on Congress will sic them on Republicans first, especially known Trump supporters. But eventually, they'll get to you. If the Dems are not in control long enough to get to you, what do you think will happen if the Republicans take the Senate and House this year? Oversight will force them to stop targeting Republicans and that will leave them no one to target except you and the Republicans are not going to stop them from targeting you. And what if God forbid, a Republican is elected President in 2024? He is going to have 87,000 IRS agents with which to target Democrats 🤩🤩🤩🤩. You should also ask yourself, would you be happy to vote for hiring 87,000 new IRS agent if Trump had asked for them? Why not:)

My husband and I had pretty complex tax returns both for us and the business. Our agreement was, if the IRS after reviewing our return asked for less than $1000, we would just pay it because it was cheaper than digging everything out again and paying the accountant to figure out the problem.
Think you should read the actual legislation. It's nothing like you calim.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe you should look at some numbers. You need to understand just who the new 87,000 agents armed with guns would be auditing. Yes - GUNS. The job postings for new IRS agents asked if you would be willing to carry a gun. Guess they won't be sitting in the back office with a calculator. Do you think the rich use TaxCut to file their returns? Not likely. THEY can afford to hire the best to be certain that they can take advantage of all the loopholes they can buy from Congress. Yep, "buy". Maybe, rather than hiring new agents with guns, we could eliminate all deductions. That way, there wouldn't be any deductions to dispute. It would be all about income. Unless you are a drug dealer running a cash business, it is pretty hard to hide substantial amounts of income. Of course, we do have lots of people working off the books and you know what? They are lower middle income people and illegal aliens. Somehow I doubt your hairdresser is reporting all her tips and neither is your favorite waiter. These are the people that the IRS audits, not the rich. Auditing the rich is like digging a dry hole. They pay for the best and that's what they get so the ROI for an audit on Trump and his businesses is pretty poor but the ROI on your neighbor with three duplexes is pretty high. Trump and his family and businesses get audited with great regularity. Sometimes an audit turns up something to dispute but that doesn't make it illegal. Usually, the tax is paid and perhaps interest and a small fine. Nothing criminal because there is no need for criminality when you can pay for accountants to make sure that you get everything the system (Congress) gave you. You can't rail at the rich for taking advantage of what they bought from Congress, but you can and should rail against Congress for selling loopholes to the rich.

I had to use two sources of data to put this together so part comes from 2019 and part from 2020. Pay attention to who gets audited NOW. Out of ~700k audits less than .5% are for the very rich. 60% of those currently audited declare < $25,000 of income. WHY, because, that's where the cheating happens. THOSE are the people who don't declare income and that is why the IRS targets them. Why do you think they need so many more agents? You could assign an agent to everyone in the country who declares more than $5 million dollars of income and still have 20,000 to spare. But auditing 66k of the well to do will not produce a positive ROI overall.

If you think the 87,000 shiny new agents with guns are to audit the rich, I have a bridge you might want to purchase:)

Taxes_Audits for 2019.JPG

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Out of ~700k audits less than .5% are for the very rich. 60% of those currently audited declare < $25,000 of income. WHY, because, that's where the cheating happens. THOSE are the people who don't declare income and that is why the IRS targets them.
The why is actually because they often claim the EITC and they receive a letter asking for more proof or denial of eligibility. Not exactly gun toting IRS agents busting down the doors.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Most audits are cordial. It was pretty surprising to see the job ad for agents mentioning that they would be armed. It was posted here last year if someone remembers where, maybe they can post a link.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Most audits are cordial. It was pretty surprising to see the job ad for agents mentioning that they would be armed. It was posted here last year if someone remembers where, maybe they can post a link.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for clarifying the job posting. As I said, it was surprising. But, the bottom line is that the IRS does NOT need 87,000 new agents, even over 10 years. Just look at the numbers to see who gets audited. It is NOT the rich as the Democrats would have you believe.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Irrespective of the questions as to whether the IRS agents would be armed or even necessary, is that this issue discloses the (deceitful) priorities of the Biden administration. The Biden administration believes that it is necessary to subjugate the citizens of this country to extort tax $$$$$ instead of enforcing immigration laws. To rephrase, the Biden administration has opened the border and is importing illegal immigrants. That is a violation of US immigration laws. Also add human trafficking and child abuse. Those are impeachable offenses. Enforcing the border is a higher priority than importing illegal immigrants and an obligation of the administration. A rationale administration complying with the Constitution and the rule of law would be putting resources (manpower) into stopping illegal immigration. Clearly, the Biden administration is thumbing its nose at the Constitution to impose a Stalinist style autocratic government. Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Remember that rumor about Clinton keeping children in the basement of some pizza parlor. This is the REAL version of that since the Biden administration is KNOWINGLY facilitating trafficking AND they're forcing us to pay for it I've shown you the audit numbers. They are not going to be using the 87,000 agents to target the rich. There is no ROI for that action. They are going after lower middle income workers who are the most likely to under report their income. One of the links in the chart has history and in 2017 they audited the $10 million + bracket at 5.8% and in 2010 at 21.5%. So, clearly they weren't getting enough bang for their buck in the rich brackets.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's worse than that. They are selling the agents as collecting from the "rich" which is not at all who will see an increase in audits. AND the public believes them:mad::mad::mad::mad: because they can't be bothered to find the statistics I found about WHO actually gets audited.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, you wouldn't need 87,000 NEW AGENTS to audit the 10%, obviously, it is for the 90%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom