Outlook-No Email Accounts (1 Viewer)

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:49
My ISP morphed to a new company, forcing me to change my email addresses. When I went to the email account window to create new accounts for the new addresses I could create the new accounts and they test OK. When I access the emails from the ISPs web site I can find the test emails. I have trouble sending / receiving email from Outlook. The send/receive button and Many option are missing. When I return to the email account window I can see, modify, test (successfully) create and delete the new accounts. When I try to move them up/down on the list of set them as a default I get the following message:
"The specified Account was not found. It might have been deleted."

I have tried:
1) Deleting / Re-creating the account and re-testing it
2) Re-installing Office
3) Repairing Office from Outlook>Help>Detect and Repair

The ISP thinks the problem is in my installation of Office/Outlook. At this point I can't really argue the point except that everything else in Office is stable & working and the problem never existed before I changed my accounts.

I have been working on this for 4 days off & on. Any guidance would be welcome.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:49
It sounds like you know what you are doing and you've done the obvious though it is very odd that
RaunLGoode said:
The send/receive button and Many option are missing
this doesn't even happen if your offline, but I think it may happen if your authentication settings are wrong and haven't been able to connect (maybe wrong though).

I would (though I assume you already have) double check your ISP's POP and SMTP settings and your incoming mail server account name is correct.

I assume your ISP web mail is supported by Outlook but you could try a different client:p

If you still have no luck or have done the above post back with your O/S and version of Outlook and I'll see if I can find anything relevent.

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
More Info

I am sure that my ISPs system is compatible with Outlook. I installed Outlook as part of my Office Professional 2003 suite on a Dell PC running XP Pro.

One interesting coincidence, I have a high speed connection through my local cable company. Internet service for my area was down for 24-36 hrs. (Cable TV worked, but no internet) I began having this issue when the internet connection went out. Hmmmmm?

I have verified account names and POP/SMTP settings and tested them, the connections tested OK and a test email was sent without any problem. I can access the test emails from the ISPs web site.

I am at work now, but I will get back on the phone with the support tech this afternoon. I don't have a lot of faith in their support staff so anything I can do on my end would be a big help.
Thanks

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:49
RaunLGoode said:
Internet service for my area was down for 24-36 hrs. (Cable TV worked, but no internet) I began having this issue when the internet connection went out. Hmmmmm?

Well if your connection went out then that's the problem - if you've got your connection back and still can't send/ receive mails check you can get on the web.

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
re: No Accounts

Yes, It is back on.
I have done all this since the web was re-activated. Sorry if I didn't state that more clearly in my last reply

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
Solution

Turns out the problem was with my ISP.
Once they got their issues "cleared up" everything started working again.
One of those rare times when an IT problem was resolved by doing nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom