Packaged Access 2007 DB with Runtime (1 Viewer)

Lady Gragor

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:26
Hi,

I have linked my database to the backend which resides in a specific location on C: then packaged the database with the 2007 runtime and the backend file.

When I install the DB on another computer, I place the backend file in the same location on C: as per the original link location.

Problem is, the databse forms appear to work, however, when I try to review the input, it does not appear. It looks like the data is not being saved. I believe it is a link problem as it works on the original computer. I must be doing somethin wrong. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 17:26
do you have the install create the trusted location for the folder?

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:26
I package a few applications with Runtime 2007 and if the backend file is unavailable (not installed; installed in the wrong location; etc) you'll soon know as the Table Links will fail immediately and you'll get an error message saying as much. Equally, when creating new records I'd expect you to get an error message if the records fail to be created (database is read-only; duplicate records being created; etc).

Are you using a form with sub-forms, perhaps?

Lady Gragor

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:26
I'm not getting any error messages and the location and file names are correct.

I can't see where I would have the install create the trusted location for the folder. How would I do this please?

Thanks for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom