Paid Visa For travelling to Europe (1 Viewer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:20
It's no different to the ESTA scheme for travelling the US, which has been around for quite along time?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I think the US ESTA cost about $14 the last time I travelled. Having checked it's just gone up to $21 !

We've had to do that since 2009 travelling to the US from Europe.

My understanding is that it's designed to simplify document checks at the border to speed up the entry process and remove all the daft forms you used to have to fill out on the plane.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:20
My wife and I went to New Zealand a couple of months ago (from USA) and had to pay a similar fee. They also charged a fee for being a tourist. Like it's not enough we're going to be spending our money in your country, you're going to charge me extra to do it. :rolleyes:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well you are charging us more to spend our money in your county - so what’s the difference?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well you are charging us more to spend our money in your county - so what’s the difference?

I wasn't referring to the visa fee, they have a second fee on top of it. Does the US have that? I don't actually know. The second fee I'm talking about is the highlighted one:

1691167963314.png

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:20
Could you understand the English spoken in NZ?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Could you understand the English spoken in NZ?

Sure, though it may help that my daughter has been there for 10 years, we've visited several times, and my grandkids have a strong accent. Though comically their teachers say they have an American accent. I guess they have some sort of hybrid accent.

Frankly I have more trouble understanding people with strong accents from the southern US.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:20
You might be surprised, Paul. Accents from rural areas in the south have that "southern twang" but the urban accents sound like NYC people. Then, of course, there are Cajuns...

Cotswold

Local time
If you visit Australia from Britain tourist visas are free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom