Parent form vanishes when I tab to option group in the child form?! (1 Viewer)

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Today, 08:24
Hi,

I have a rather annoying and frustrating problem which I cannot find a solution for through searching the forum.

The situation is that I have a parent form with 1 unbound subform, the source of which is determined by the part number selected in the parent form (diffetrent parts have different fields of the source table displayed)

This all functions perfectly well in all but one case which is when the source of the subform is a form with an option group.

There is only 1 form like this, and the problem I have is that when tabbing through the fields, as soon as I tab into the option group the parent form disappears, and I am left with just the subform on screen! Clicking into the group is fine, just tabbing to it causes the problem, and if I remove the option group then tabbing through all the rest of the fields is fine...

I could powssibly change the option group for a set of option buttons and code them to function a bit like an option group, but this would mean changing the code for numerous reports etc. and I don't really want to do that if I can help it.

Has anyone else here experienced this problem before and know of a solution as it is very annoying!!!

Thanks in advance!

John

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 03:24
a. Have you tried to comapct & repair the db?
b. Can you strip out enough to post a sample db?

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Today, 08:24
Thanks for the quick response ken. Not really easy to post as it's quite well tied into a 125MB database. I'll see if compact and repair makes a difference.

I have managed to get around the problem by simply setting the tab stop field to no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom