Passing a value from a pop up form (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:48
I am sure that I've seen this somewhere and possibly have even contributed to something along the same lines but I'll be danged if I can find what I'm looking for.

I want to put a button on a form which opens up a pop-up form with a calendar control on it. The user can then select a date using the calendar control and click Ok. On clicking Ok the selected date is to be passed back to the original form.

The original form is, at this time, only storing values to be checked and accepted before being applied to a new record, so it can't be closed. Also I want to re-use the calendar pop-up for other buttons and forms, so I need a way to automatically transfer back the value to the correct field and form when the pop-up is closed.

I remember something about using a function and possibly having form properties set, or not, to pop-up/modal, however as my brain has currenly melted from studying and getting an assignment in for my studies I've drawn a blank. Can anyone point me back to where I came from, or better yet, remind me of what I was talking about????

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom