Passing dates to a query.... (1 Viewer)

Blackelise

aka Andrew
Local time
Today, 04:41
I have the following line of code;
PHP:
DoCmd.OpenReport "SalesList", acViewPreview, , "Taxpoint between #" & Me.FromDate & "# and #" & Me.ToDate & "#", acNormal
Background to the problem:
The controls on the form I use to collect the user input for the dates - FromDate & ToDate - display the date correctly in UK format (ie 04/03/2013 = 04-Mar-2013). I checked by changing the control format to short date to show a three letter month. The date picker also works correctly for these controls.

Me.FromDate & Me.ToDate in the above code seems to hold the correct format when followed in debug mode. The filter field on the report shows - Taxpoint between #11/02/2013# and #04/03/2013#. However the report does not select any correct records when they are number within the criteria.

I tried a test directly within the report’s query by adding - between #11/02/2013# and #04/03/2013# - in the Criteria field and run the query, this worked perfectly even tweaking the dates to test.

After much perseverance and hair pulling I decided to check to see if Access (2010&2007) was reverting to USA date format during the DoCmd.OpenReport method call. So I changed the numbers around in the date field (me.FromDate…), but not the control format, to 02/11/2013 (ie mm/dd/yyyy) and hey presto it worked!!! Change the day number as a test and the relevant records are displayed!

I checked my region settings in Window (7); all is correct. I can’t find any in Access options.

All other date calculations that I use elsewhere appear to work without issue.

Question:
So my question is does anyone know if this is a bug or my misunderstanding or how to force UK date formats in Access or another/better way of passing a date from user input on a form through to a report?

As always your help/advice will be gratefully received.:)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 05:41
Have you tried Format(Me.FromDate,"mm/dd/yyyy")and ofcause the same for the ToDate.

In VBA code, delimit dates with the "#" symbol. Regardless or your regional settings, Access expects these literal dates to be in the American format, e.g. #12/31/1999#.

Blackelise

aka Andrew
Local time
Thanks both for your advice.

I'll implement the suggestion and report back.

Cheers guys.

Blackelise

aka Andrew
Local time
Format(...) does the trick!

Thanks again for helping me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom