password protection for pdfs on my website (1 Viewer)

complexx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:43
I have several pdf files I want to have on my website that should only be available to my customers.

Is there a way to password protect them from being downloaded by just anyone?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
Is this on a public web site cos the easiest way, without any effort on your part that is ;) is to ask you ISP if they can create a password protected folder for you.

There are loads of techiques to do it yourself - do a search on "password protect your webpage" and you find software and examples or for "Javascript password protect" - an example here though this is not very secure you can always view the source code for any web site (even if you use a "disable view source script").

If your willing to pay for software Coffee Cup makes good stuff, there is a 30 day trial :) or maybe this again with a free trial

mercy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:43
Minkey said:
Is this on a public web site cos the easiest way, without any effort on your part that is ;) is to ask you ISP if they can create a password protected folder for you.

There are loads of techiques to do it yourself - do a search on "password protect your webpage" and you find software and examples or for "Javascript password protect" - an example here though this is not very secure you can always view the source code for any web site (even if you use a "disable view source script").

If your willing to pay for software Coffee Cup makes good stuff, there is a 30 day trial :) or maybe this again with a free trial
I tried the link you suggested in the post Minkey, Its very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom