password to close form? (1 Viewer)

tru-

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:48
how do I make a form closure password protected? basically a customer will be using a a form to browse products and the only way to have access to the rest of the DB is to enter the correct password to close that form when a close command button is clicked (more security features protecting rest of DB) how do I go about this? or is there a better way? explanation of any code will be very much appreciated! thanks :)

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Our you using you own logon system or using database secruities in built?

tru-

Registered User.
Local time
none at the moment, I'm new! (as you can tell :p)

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
ok right lets look at this in sections

1. how is your database shown (ie simple double click and your into the main form)

2. other users need access to a certain part of your database.

I will do you a simple logon screen if you can post your database.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:48
Are you trying to lock the user in your form [and your db] if they can not enter the correct password just to exit the form? Usually you make a user enter a password to enter a form [or db] not to exit a form [or db].

I suggest you search and read up on using Access security to add a user workgroup and permissions to your database objects.

For a cheap [and breakable] fix you could password protect a button that the user must enter the correct password to "open" a form. Search around for there are plenty of examples on all of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom