Paste Special (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:54
As its a Windows dialog, I wouldn't expect using SendKeys to have any effect.

I've no idea what API calls would be needed to intercept and block that dialog or indeed whether it can be done. The most likely person to have a solution would probably be Stephen Lebans. He no longer updates his website and the code is very old but there's a lot of excellent utilities on the site: https://lebans.com/

If that's no use, then I think it may be time to give up on the idea

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
Yeah, I've checked out his site. Don't see anything there for this.
Still, has to be a way. At least I'm hoping someone knows...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:54
Yeah, I've checked out his site. Don't see anything there for this.
Still, has to be a way. At least I'm hoping someone knows...

Hi. This will be the third time I ask this, but what type of control was “Box” in the code you posted earlier? I tried it in an unbound picture control and unbound object control and the paste command wasn’t available. I tried it on a bound object control and it worked even with a regular paste command.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
It is a bound OLE object. Yes the paste is available but the copy is coming from a program that must not be a normal pic item. It does paste but it does not seem to complete as you can not move to another field or record. But if you go to the paste special, it pastes and works fine. So, it is something from the copy of that program that Access does not like in the normal paste. It is a technical software that produces a graph. Hope this makes sense...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
It is a bound OLE object. Yes the paste is available but the copy is coming from a program that must not be a normal pic item. It does paste but it does not seem to complete as you can not move to another field or record. But if you go to the paste special, it pastes and works fine. So, it is something from the copy of that program that Access does not like in the normal paste. It is a technical software that produces a graph. Hope this makes sense...

Thanks for the additional information. How exactly do you get the object you want to paste into the clipboard from the other program? It doesn’t sound like it’s actually an image. For example, if you are viewing a CAD image and copy it to the clipboard, you can paste it as a CAD object or an image, depending on where you’re trying to paste it.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
I'm simply selecting copy. You are probably right about it not a pic or something... That's why access does not like it. Only paste special works.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm simply selecting copy. You are probably right about it not a pic or something... That's why access does not like it. Only paste special works.

Hi. What was the other program called again? I’m on my phone right now but if you look at my signature demo on my website, it saves the content of the clipboard into an image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom