PDF to Excel using Acrobat/Adobe Library within Access (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 03:23
My searching is only turning up convertor tools or ways to do it from Excel and not Access but even what I found there wasn't quite what I am after.

I am trying to replicate what Acrobat does when you do Save As and choose .xlsx as the file format. It takes the PDF and converts it to a single sheet Excel file which I can then work with as far as bring the data I am after into Access (I would prefer to keep it to one worksheet). Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction on this? I cant find anything to reference to even know where to start.

I have Acrobat 2016 and access to all its libraries.

Local time
Today, 09:23
What about http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?66081-PDF-Save-as-xlsx&p=395571 ?

Both, Excel and Access, use VBA so code should work with minimal changes in Access too.

Depending on Excel is installed too, you have to create an Excel instance and use the worksheetfunction with that (as it is implicit, explicit code is Application.WorksheetFunktion... so replace Application with your created Excel instance), or replace the Excel specific function(s). E.g.
Code:
WorksheetFunction.Substitute(PDFPath, ".pdf", "." & LCase(FileExtension))
can be replaced with
Code:
Replace(PDFPath, ".pdf", "." & LCase(FileExtension)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom