People's trust in the police in the USA. (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 09:13
A good look at how the US police operate is on those real life police programmes where they have a cameraman or body cam footage. Or just play "Grand Theft Auto" which compared with the real life footage is very near the truth.

Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:13
A good look at how the US police operate is on those real life police programmes where they have a cameraman or body cam footage. Or just play "Grand Theft Auto" which compared with the real life footage is very near the truth.

Col
Yes! Television programs and video games, historically, have been extremely accurate depictions of real life and thus, are a smart resource to use.

(y)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:13
There's no fun in Grand Theft Auto. That's why I play Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim - because I can get a longsword and chop someone's guts out.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:13
About once a year I make an effort to become interested in a video game of some kind. If only to enjoy something in common with my son.
It's funny, because I can actually see myself possibly enjoying them - but usually don't have enough patience to get past the learning curve.
I guess it's much easier for those who grew up playing them (which I didn't) - i.e., my son is presented with a game that is New to him - and he just seems to know what to do. I literally need an instructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom