Pet peeves or things that get your panties in a knot (1 Viewer)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
I just drove home from work and decided that I would start my first thread and would ask, "what are some things that people do that really gets under your skin?"

Reason for thinking of this is due to one of my main ones.

1. people who drive in the passing lane and hold up a long line cars behind them.

2. people who ride on my bumper, "tailgate"

3. People to smack and chomp on their food.

What are some of yours? Got any?

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 17:53
ShaneMan said:
I just drove home from work and decided that I would start my first thread and would ask, "what are some things that people do that really gets under your skin?"

Reason for thinging of this is due to one of my main ones.

1. people to drive in the passing lane and hold up a long line cars behind them.

2. people who ride on my bump, "tailgate"

3. People to smack and chomp on their food.

What are some of yours? Got any?

the food smackers ought to be shot. (yeah I know, not spoken like a Christian).

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 16:53
My list is long, but I'll say a few:

- Drivers who don't use their turn signal

- Drivers who feel they can stop/park anywhere they want because they have their four-way flashers on

- People who have to use the drive-thru to get their cup of coffee in the morning, even though the line-up is out on to the street. Get out of your car and walk in! I probably shouldn't say this though -- I like being one of the only people inside the place in the morning.

- I hate when I'm waiting at an intersection for the walk signal, and someone walks up and presses the button. It's worse when there's lots of people waiting and they still push through to press the button. Do they really think all those people have been standing there for ages and none of them have thought to press the button already? The same thing applies for pressing the elevator button as well.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 23:53
ShaneMan said:
"what are some things that people do that really gets under your skin?"

First things that come to mind :

1. People that talk for hours (in the office) but actually do nothing.

2. Idiots that drive a Benz SLK 350 with 60 km/h where the max speed is 90 km/h

3. People that read books/view movies without consulting Mile-O's book/movie reviews first. :D

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Men that admit to wearing panties
So wearing panties is ok, so long as you don't admit it?

statsman

Local time
People who ask question but don't listen to the answers.

People who interupt other conversations.

People who hurl abuse at traffic wardens / meter maids when they know darn well they can't park there.

I like:

Tow truck drivers who remove cars from Rush Hour Routes

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
statsman said:
People who ask question but don't listen to the answers.

People who interupt other conversations.

People who hurl abuse at traffic wardens / meter maids when they know darn well they can't park there.

I like:

Tow truck drivers who remove cars from Rush Hour Routes

People who interupt would be very high on my list too!

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Men is plural. How many times has this happened to you Rich?
Well unless the post was aimed solely at the female members of the forum, you introduced the plural, not me:eek: :p

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Well unless the post was aimed solely at the female members of the forum, you introduced the plural, not me:eek: :p

"getting your panties in a knot" is just a slang term for what gets you upset. I also asked what "gets under your skin" and in the same heading I said "pet peeves." You just choose to see if there was something you could say that would stir up a cloud of dust. Again! Nice try, though.

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
You just choose to see if there was something you could say that would stir up a cloud of dust.
Well I'm shocked at this allegation Shane, I was merely trying to understand a foreign culture, that's all.
All joking aside I have to say that being a liberal sort of guy I don't really care if American men get their panties twisted.
Would I be correct in thinking that was more likely to be a Democrats thing, I can't see Republicans admitting to wearing panties :confused:

statsman

Local time
Actually among the younger generation you'd be getting your thong in a knot.

Wait a minute. Thats not a difficult thing to do (according to my wife)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Well I'm shocked at this allegation Shane, I was merely trying to understand a foreign culture, that's all.
All joking aside I have to say that being a liberal sort of guy I don't really care if American men get their panties twisted.
Would I be correct in thinking that was more likely to be a Democrats thing, I can't see Republicans admitting to wearing panties :confused:

I would think so. Democrats seem to be a little more adventurous when it comes to kinky stuff. See Bill Clinton for an example.:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:53
ShaneMan said:
I would think so. Democrats seem to be a little more adventurous when it comes to kinky stuff. See Bill Clinton for an example.:D
Was Clinton wearing ladies underwear?

I didn't read anything kinky in what he and Monica got up to:confused:

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:53
I don't like people who are hypocritical, especially about religion. They profess to be christians and go to church, yet they lead a life and say things that are morally worse than things I would say or do.

You are either a religious person or not.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom