Pick PDF Creator (1 Viewer)

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
I am using
Code:
acFormatPDF

to convert a report to a pdf. I have both Adobe and CutePDF installed on my computer. Is there a way I can select which one generates the PDF?

I ask because Adobe is not writing my label to the PDF but cute is, so I would need to use cute.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
acFormatPDF uses none of those but the Microsoft Office built-in PDF generator. You will need to use APIs to use the other two you have.

Cheers,

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, I didn't realize Office had a built-in PDF generator. Is there a way that I can "force" it to recognize the barcodes added? I'm using 3 of 9 barcode which is pretty standard.

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
I have looked at those :)

My issue is that if I do ctrl+p to print, and select Adobe no barcodes are printed, if I use the code above acFormatPDF no barcode is printed, but if I select cutePDF the barcode prints exactly as I need.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry, I don't use barcodes, but it is a well discussed topic in the forums, there seems to be many free ActiveX controls to do that and the specific fonts need to be installed (which shouldn't be your case if CutePDF does it).

In the meantime look at these links on how to specify the printer for a report. Change the printer to CutePDF, print your report then set if back to the original default.

Cheers,
Vlad

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 18:26
You could try setting the Printer to Cute PDF Writer and just print it?

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
@Gasman - I'll have to google to figure out how to use vba to set a printer :D

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 18:26
@Gasman - I'll have to google to figure out how to use vba to set a printer :D
You might also search here.?
Plenty of links about with Google

Basically store the current printer, set to new one, print, then set back to old printer.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Wouldn't all that be in my post #6 above:
In the meantime look at these links on how to specify the printer for a report. Change the printer to CutePDF, print your report then set if back to the original default.

docs.microsoft.com

Automate process of selecting printer for a report - Office

Describes how to programmatically select a printer and print the reports with the options that you predefine. Assumes you are familiar with the Access database and Visual Basic programming.
docs.microsoft.com
MS Access – Select a Printer | DEVelopers HUT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom