Pie Chart not displaying as subreport (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 07:33
I have a Pie Chart in a report that works just fine. As soon as I place that report with the chart into another report as a subreport, it no longer displays the chart.
I tried look at master/child links, which to me seem correct. Record source for the Pie Chart is a query. I have also tried to requery the chart using the On Format event on the report.
I would appreciate some help getting this one solved.

Thanks

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Have you tried printing the report or switch the views (Layout, print preview, etc)?

Local time
Have you tried printing the report or switch the views (Layout, print preview, etc)?
I did not until you sent your reply.
Printing the report where the Pie Chart displays, works fine. Printing the report where it is in-bedded as a subreport does not work. No error messages are displayed

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well that is SOME good news. Did you try the Print Preview?

Local time
Well that is SOME good news. Did you try the Print Preview?
Yes Sir. Same results.
On the standalone report where it displays with no problem, I don't seem to have any issues. As soon as that report though is inbedded as a subreport in another report, it no longer displays. It is no longer visible in PrintPreview and it does not print out.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Can you provide a copy of your DB so we can have a look-see?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I see two reports (ProjectCosts & ProjectCostsSummary) but neither of them have the chart you mentioned...

Local time
I see two reports (ProjectCosts & ProjectCostsSummary) but neither of them have the chart you mentioned...
Thats very interesting. I opened back up what I sent and can see the pie chart in ProjectCostSummary
2020-03-24_1010.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Strange...I get nothing but blank space. Even in design view, I show nothing. What version of Access are you using?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm seeing the chart on report (using O365)
ProjectWithChart.PNG

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well color me confused! Jack, I officially hand this over to you!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NG,
Not sure what the issue can be???

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No idea. I will try this when I get home...this US Gov computer at work can be wonky with all the WIN-10 security and Office STIGs in place.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm running O365, 64 bit at home and everything displays fine. Go figure...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:33
I would suggest recreating the object in a fresh report, I had success doing that. The query the OP is using is complex with many joins.
Code:
SELECT Sum(tblInvoices.TotalCharge) AS SumOfTotalCharge, tblServiceType.Category, tblProjectOwners.[Project Owner Name], tblProjects.ID, tblProjects.[Projet Name]
FROM ((tblInvoices LEFT JOIN tblServiceType ON tblInvoices.[Activity Type Name] = tblServiceType.ID) LEFT JOIN tblProjects ON tblInvoices.[Project Name] = tblProjects.ID) LEFT JOIN tblProjectOwners ON tblInvoices.[Project Owner Name] = tblProjectOwners.ID
GROUP BY tblServiceType.Category, tblProjectOwners.[Project Owner Name], tblProjects.ID, tblProjects.[Projet Name];

Local time
I would suggest recreating the object in a fresh report, I had success doing that. The query the OP is using is complex with many joins.
Code:
SELECT Sum(tblInvoices.TotalCharge) AS SumOfTotalCharge, tblServiceType.Category, tblProjectOwners.[Project Owner Name], tblProjects.ID, tblProjects.[Projet Name]
FROM ((tblInvoices LEFT JOIN tblServiceType ON tblInvoices.[Activity Type Name] = tblServiceType.ID) LEFT JOIN tblProjects ON tblInvoices.[Project Name] = tblProjects.ID) LEFT JOIN tblProjectOwners ON tblInvoices.[Project Owner Name] = tblProjectOwners.ID
GROUP BY tblServiceType.Category, tblProjectOwners.[Project Owner Name], tblProjects.ID, tblProjects.[Projet Name];

I really appreciate everyone looking at this. I did create a new report but was not successful in seeing the report. Would you mind sharing yours that you created? Thanks

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:33
Michael, I would suggest you try and create the chart sperate then add the other objects. I was not very successful integrating the charts with your objects.

Test Report.PNG

Test Report2.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom