Pie Chart on Report (1 Viewer)

waseem0888

Local time
Today, 23:38
I want to show the pie chart on the form like below image when i will select month from dropdown data for that month should show on pie chart and same for daily report when i select the date. I have status column in the table which having values like UR, A, B, C, D and i want to show on chart like UR is for under review and A for Approved, B for Approved with Comments, C for Revise and D for reject i just done through query to change all these form short code to full form but I never work in access charts don't know how to make query to get the data in chart i attached some as example in DB kindly some one help me how i can do this in access.
chart.png

Attachments

• DB Example.accdb
    960 KB · Views: 302

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:38
i am using Excel to create the chart.

Attachments

• DB Example.zip
    205.5 KB · Views: 300

waseem0888

Local time
Thank you so much for your kind help sir.
yes i saw in some tutorials using excel linking but i have question using excel if the excel file is moved to other place it will still work through excel ?

waseem0888

Local time
welcome to Access World Forums, @waseem0888 !

Here is a video tutorial to teach you how to make a classic chart in Access:
How To Make a Graph with Microsoft Access
Thank you yes i go through many tutorials and material on internet but i my case problem was the data was not numerical and i am totally new to the access and i was not getting how to get numerical values in access through text in quires.

arnelgp

Local time
you should try running your db on different computer, then you will know if it will work.

waseem0888

Local time
you should try running your db on different computer, then you will know if it will work.
Thank you so much sir i got it the way you have done is awesome i saw in some tutorials they just make pie chart and copy the same chart into access form and it was linked through excel file so in that case if the file is not in the same place it will not work and my DB will be used in different Pc's. But you have done through completely different way thank you once again sir.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:38
Thank you yes i go through many tutorials and material on internet but i my case problem was the data was not numerical and i am totally new to the access and i was not getting how to get numerical values in access through text in quires.

hi Waseem,

Data is stored in tables, and that is where the data type is specified. Right-click a table in the Navigation Pane and choose "Design View". Make sure that the fields with numbers are defined with a numeric data type.

In queries, if you use the Format function (as opposed to setting the format property on a column), the resulting data will be changed from number to text.

Here is a short book that would be good to read:

Access Basics
http://www.accessmvp.com/strive4peace
Free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access

waseem0888

Local time
hi Waseem,

Data is stored in tables, and that is where the data type is specified. Right-click a table in the Navigation Pane and choose "Design View". Make sure that the fields with numbers are defined with a numeric data type.

In queries, if you use the Format function (as opposed to setting the format property on a column), the resulting data will be changed from number to text.

Here is a short book that would be good to read:

Access Basics
http://www.accessmvp.com/strive4peace
Free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access
Thank you crystal i got it and thanks for the book :)

waseem0888

Local time
Sir sorry to bother you again sir i need little help see the picture below the data of under review is no appearing on the monthly chart instead its showing rejected but when i see in the excel file its working perfect there i have no clue why its showing like that can you help me from where i have to correct this error. Thank you

1597210774349.png

arnelgp

Local time
here i made the correction.

Attachments

• DB Example2.zip
    247.5 KB · Views: 297

arnelgp

Local time
you're welcome :)

waseem0888

Local time
here i made the correction.
Hello sir can you please check what is missing in this new code i am still learning vba try to solve it but no luck. When i select the daily report date where there is no data its giving me this error. variables are not set in new code.

1597224500604.png

arnelgp

Local time
sorry about that. exit the db.
Kill Excel on the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc).

Attachments

• DB Example2.zip
    240.5 KB · Views: 301

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom