Please someone help!!! (1 Viewer)

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Today, 07:07
Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of a problem with sharing the back end of my database on my company network. I have split my database and assigned copies of the front end to 3 other nodes while keeping the back end on a public drive. This has worked fine and dandy up until I added a new node to the network. I moved the master copies of the front and back end to the new node which serves as a quasi-server, re-split my database to link the f_e tables to the tables in the new drive, and when a any user other than the user on the quasi-server opens their copy of the front end and tries to access data via a button, an error message pops up that says:

'C\Users\Public Documents\Database\THT.b_e.accdb is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

On my network there are four nodes connected by a home network, and all the drives are shared to read/edit/modify.

I have tried splitting the db several times with a new name, putting the b_e on different drives, and nothing seems to work so far. I have checked and double checked to make sure the drives are shared, and still nothing
How do I change the path so the f_e can find the b_e? I have a feeling that it is something trivial that I'm not seeing, so hopefully someone out there has a simple solution for this database novice. I really need help!

Thanks to all in advance

Last edited:

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 08:07
If you move the location of the back end you can re-link the front end copies using Linked Table Manager.

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Thanks beetle,
In the linked table manager, do I select update all tables?

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 08:07
Select All tables, check Always prompt for new location, then browse to the new back end path.

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Beetle, you da man!

Next time I'm up North, the first round is on me. Thanks a million!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom