Please tell me if i'm on mark with structure (1 Viewer)

samait

Love your life...Smile.
Local time
Today, 18:51
Hello all. I am re-creating a database and need some guidance. I had received some awesome guidance from another access site, but honestly still feel a bit lost...please look over the attached database and let me know if you think the relationships are correct...

Here's the concept:

TblItem is unchangable. It is actually a table i link to and resides in NaVision, so any changes to that are a no-go.

Ok...what i am doing is tracking the production runs of various products. We have several production lines, and they are listed in tbloperationsarea. We have several vendors, but do not always list them. For those cases where we do, I have them lsited in tblMill. Again...the Mill field in TblProductionRuns will not be a required entry. There are several causes for product to be not-so-good. Those causes are listed in tblDownfall. Tbldownfalltotals ties the not-so-good causes and piece counts to the production run. another tbl i have in there is tblrepairdata which will be used to track the piece count sent to or from repair. In the tblProductionRuns, a new run ID is created for each product, each time it is run, therefore, one day may have as many as 50 RunID's. That is ok. I just don't think i have the relationships right because each time I try to set up a form I hit some snags and deeply suspect it is my relationship set up.

On a last note...a production run will always have a LineID (FK to tblOperationsArea) but not necessarily always downfall entry or repair entry), hence the form I want to create is a main form w/tblproductionruns data and 2 subforms, 1 with tblrepairdata and one with tbldownfalltotals data.

Please help... LOL I feel dumb & lost & really really really humble.

Attachments

• CHPI2007b.zip
    224.7 KB · Views: 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom