Point and Click - An Access Adventure (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 22:54
I swear I made a post about this back in 2020 when I started but seems not. probably started it but work got in the way as it does

Anyways here is what have been working on (so far anyway)

Its a modern take on a point n click adventure using access, which is handy as no need to build a database to hold items hehe. Also has scripts for sections of game story.

So far it has a few locations, a test boss battle, inventory system and a few ways to die (see if you can find them)

Hosted off site as its a bit large at 13.9 MB

Would love feedback on it, with spelling, ideas, am I mad all comments welcome and thanks for looking and reading

http://silvermountain.epizy.com/

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Quick update thanks to the very helpful people on here in particular @The_Doc_Man and his help in some VBA, have managed to update the battle system we now have potions ( at the minute unlimited ) but working on fixing that click the link below to go to my home page for the project and download the latest build called Battle Demo 2

Silver Mountain

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
I fixed and for once all by myself no google whoop the ol' brain does work from time to time.

So what I did was add a calculating filed to items table and then had a text box on the page which when hits certain criteria locks the potion button, simple really

See what you all think as always open to thought's, hints

rest of game can be found here http://silvermountain.epizy.com/

Attachments

• BattleDemo2.1.accdb
    928 KB · Views: 261

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
any thoughts / feedback always welcome

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:54
As a veteran inveterate gamer, I'm glad to have helped ANYONE with a game, but I have no recollection of directly answering anything related to a game or the mechanics thereof. Therefore, my help was obviously well disguised. :LOL::LOL: Of course, could be that my old brain just forgot. Don't take that as a knock on YOU, murray83, just a knock on my old noggin that doesn't remember things it ought to.

EDIT: Found the only interaction with Murray and it was disguised well enough that I didn't connect it with a game. Makes me feel better that I'm not losing my mind QUITE yet... or at least, the parts of my mind I've lost aren't that important.

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
As a veteran inveterate gamer, I'm glad to have helped ANYONE with a game, but I have no recollection of directly answering anything related to a game or the mechanics thereof. Therefore, my help was obviously well disguised. :LOL::LOL: Of course, could be that my old brain just forgot. Don't take that as a knock on YOU, murray83, just a knock on my old noggin that doesn't remember things it ought to.

EDIT: Found the only interaction with Murray and it was disguised well enough that I didn't connect it with a game. Makes me feel better that I'm not losing my mind QUITE yet... or at least, the parts of my mind I've lost aren't that important.

I'm just appreciative of the help, so thanks

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Update Time

With help from you lovely people especially isladogs have managed to get the sound working on Battle Demo 2.2 so now when you take a swig of potion you get a nice little gulp noise, not much but think it adds and its ok it only plays once when pressed fell free to check out the update as listed here

Silver Mountain

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
quick update, did this on 18th but only had time to upload and post now.

Have made a slight addition, which makes a point and click much nicer, a hand over icon. So when hover over point of interest it changes, thanks to the following for the code used https://nolongerset.com/usehand/ ( so far just on the village screen though )

As always please check out progress here and all comments or suggestions welcome :)

Silver Mountain - Access Point & Click

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Hi all having a bit of an issue with my ongoing project, quick version, i have two screens and one form for what ever reason wants to open on the second screen, even when its not plugged in, so click the button for the basement and shows up but not where it should which is the main screen this is my code

Code:
Private Sub lbl_StoneCottageBasement_Click()

DoCmd.OpenForm "Stone_Cottage_Basement" 'opens the form for the stone cottage basement
Me.Visible = False            'hides the village form before the next command
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Village" 'this makes sure that the village form is truly closed

End Sub

which is the same as the following which works fine

Code:
Private Sub lblStoneCottage_Click()
DoCmd.OpenForm "Stone_Cottage" 'opens the form for the stone cottage interior
Me.Visible = False            'hides the village form before the next command
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Village" 'this makes sure that the village form is truly closed
End Sub

So have no clue why so any help greatly appreciated file is to big to upload but can be accessed here

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:54
Moved this whole thread to General - but it can be moved back to Sample Databases at a later date if needed/appropriate.

@murray83 - if at some point this becomes resolved, you can re-open the discussion of where it belongs.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
i have two screens and one form for what ever reason wants to open on the second screen, even when its not plugged in, so click the button for the basement and shows up but not where it should

Is the form you are referring to a popup? If so, it will always open on the last monitor it was saved in
This will cause problems if users only have one monitor as it won't appear at all

Two possible solutions:
1. Change it to Popup=No. It will always open on the monitor where the Access application is shown
2. Keep it as a popup. Change to design view. Drag to the primary monitor. Save. Reopen normally

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
thank you all the center and the move and save both worked much appreciated that's one bug of the bug list

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Hi had another bug of the list ( know got it to play music ) for credits and title screen ill post the link shortly

murray83

Games Collector
Local time

Getting quite large now as well not sure how to combat that though ? ideas

Last edited:

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
I Have one question at the moment, but if you look here and download the latest version you will find that the database itself is 15MB

question 1 therefore is, ideas on how to make it smaller

cheers all for looking

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
can this be moved back now to sample databases, many thanks

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 14:54
I Have one question at the moment, but if you look here and download the latest version you will find that the database itself is 15MB

question 1 therefore is, ideas on how to make it smaller

cheers all for looking

15MB? That's rather small as accdbs go in a production environment. Not much point in trying to make it smaller, but you can perform a compact and repair on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom