Pop Up Forms Suddenly Keep Shrinking (1 Viewer)

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:58
Hi everyone,

I've noticed an alarming trend in my database design. (Access 2003)

Suddenly, every time I make any change to a form that has both the "Pop Up" AND "Modal" properties set as "Yes", the form will shrink to a tiny box upon opening. If I stretch it back out, save the changes and open it again, it just shrinks right back down to almost nothing.

This happens when I make any change and can't be undone. Existing forms that I haven't made changes to continue to work properly.

The work around is to set "Pop Up" to "No" and create docmd.restore/maximize procedures in the open/close events of the form. (Which looks terrible!)

Something must have changed to the database itself, but It's nothing I've done intentionally. Any input or questions would be very much appreciated, thank you!

Sincerely,
Ben Bolduc

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Hey folks, I don't mean to pester about this. Are there any other resources that could perhaps help find a solution to this problem?

Thank you so much for any help you could give.

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, I found somewhat of a solution even though it doesn't make sense. I'll share it in case someone has a similar problem in the future.

In order to get the forms to open up without shrinking, I had to set the the AutoResize = True and then save/close the form immediately. (Though I'm not certain AutoResize actually had anything to do with it)

The problem seems to occur when I go from design view to form view directly. If I save and close it immediately, I can then open it directly from the control on the form and it's fine. If I go from design view directly to form view, it will shrink down to an unusable size.

I know, I know, this doesn't make sense but at least the problem is "solved" for now.

Good luck!
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom