Pop up warning when a certain amount is reached (1 Viewer)

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
I'm building an application for a charitable org who is doing an auction dinner. I'm trying to assist the person entering the attendees with seating requests.

They have 30 tables with 10 seats per table. In the data entry form, I created a space to enter the desired table number. Also on the data entry form is a calculated field to determine if 1 or 2 people are attending...

What I'm trying to do is allow the data entry person the chance to enter the table number that this attendee would like to sit at, and have code determine how many people have already been assigned to that table and if this new attendee (either 1 or 2) would put the total number assigned to the table at over 10. If over 10, I would like a message to pop up and say something like "There is not enough room at this table, please select another." Once the entry person accepts the message, I would like the cursor to go back to the field for the table assignment.

I've looked at inventory control and can't seem to find what I need.

I can work with bits and pieces and plow ahead to find my solution.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:54
Depending on your table structure, you could use a DCount() or DSum() to find out how many people are currently at the desired table.

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks P. I haven't been able to get it to work yet, but I'll keep at it. At least it seems like I'm headed in the right direction.

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
That did it. The link helped spell it out. Thanks a bunch.

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom