Populate Date Field 10 working Days from now and skip bank holidays (1 Viewer)

Number11

Local time
Today, 10:06
So I am looking for way for the from to populate the date field (Appointment Date) to be today's plus 10 working days, and check if that date is a Bank holiday if so offer next working day after bank holiday is this possible?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:06
Its possible, best practice is to make either a workdays table or holidays table so you can reliably make the calculation
I.e. make a workdays table add a sequential id for each day.
Now its simple to find today, take the ID , add 10 and find the appropriate day.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:06
how much VBA coding experience do you have? you have to use the DATEADD() function along with another date function, possibly DATEPART(). you can do it any number of ways, but attached is from my github page. it calculates the number of business days between 2 dates. if you know how to code, you can change it to get what you need. you have to list the actual dates of the specific bank holidays somewhere so you can refer to them.

Attachments

• VBA Get Number of Business Days Between 2 dates.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 127

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
This questions gets asked frequently here. Here's one post about it:

I'm sure if you search using that threads title you will find even more help on the subject.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:06
Here is a sample database I built that includes a holiday table and shows how to use the code.

Attachments

• UsefulDateFunctions180618.zip
    231 KB · Views: 115

Number11

Local time
Here is a sample database I built that includes a holiday table and shows how to use the code.
Many Thanks but what i am looking for is for my form to provide a date 10 plus in the future and if that day falls on a holiday skip to next date

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Many Thanks but what i am looking for is for my form to provide a date 10 plus in the future and if that day falls on a holiday skip to next date
Number, what have you tried so far? have you attempted it, or do you need someone to provide you with a complete solution?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Number11,
Can you not adapt something from Pat's materials to meet your requirement? Perhaps you could tell us specifically what is the issue at this point.

Consider:
- a list of Holiday dates.
- review your table data and identify 10 working days out (X)
-is X a date in the Holiday dates?
If yes -do appropriate action (based on your rules)
If no - do the appropriate action(based on your rules).

Number11

Local time
Number, what have you tried so far? have you attempted it, or do you need someone to provide you with a complete solution?

So I have created a bank Holiday Table and can add 10 days to todays date using "DateAdd("ww",2,Date())" set as defualt in the appointmet date field, but ihave no idea how to then look at the holidays dates and skip it :(

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
So I have created a bank Holiday Table and can add 10 days to todays date using "DateAdd("ww",2,Date())" set as defualt in the appointmet date field, but ihave no idea how to then look at the holidays dates and skip it :(
well if u have some coding skills u can modify the function in that zip I uploaded for u to do that. And by the way isn't the argument "ww" referring to weeks not days? I believe if u want to add days u have to use "d" or "dd" in that arg don't u? But at any rate I won't able to help ya for another ur or 2 as im at an appointment but hopefully the other guys can chime in before then.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
hey numbers,

if you're still looking for solution, this is how you do it, sir! :) have fun with it!

Attachments

• appointment date finder example.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
a date 10 plus in the future and if that day falls on a holiday skip to next date
So, it's OK to end on a weekend day? If so, just add 10 to the date using DateAdd() and check the result by looking into the holiday table. If it's a holiday, add 1 using DateAdd().

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom