Populating fields (1 Viewer)

daverskully

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:52
I am looking to populate fields of one form based on another table with about 100 records.

Information
Table Name: 1) StaticInfo
2) Data

Form Name: EntryForm (Based on the Data table)

I want to be able to select a value in a combo box in the EntryForm and have certain fields populated in that form based on the StaticInfo table.

Want to use all of the fields in StaticInfo to populate the same fields in Data. Historical data in the Data table needs to remain intact, meaning that if something is changed in the StaticInfo table, the historical records will remain unchanged in the Data table.

So, if I am able to select a department in a combo box in the EntryForm and have the fields populated in this form based on the StaticInfo table, will the records in the Data table change or not change if there are changes made to the fields in the StaticInfo table?

Also, could someone provide a method as to how I would go about populating these fields from table to form.

JBurlison

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
Create a Table with the static info make the info the only thing in this table make the column name "Static info" or whatever you wish to name it.

Then create another table with the data create a column with the "Static Info" plus your data columns.

Link the "Static Info" columns so when they share the same name the Data auto populates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom