Popup Info (1 Viewer)

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:14
What would cause this to stop popping up after the search did not find something?
All of a sudden, this (below) does not popup. Strange...

1644083931425.png

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
No search code, using the built in search from Access. Wondering if it's a Windows 11 issue?
This seemed to happen around then. Also, some other odd things too. When closing Access, it sometimes leaves a lock file behind.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 11:14
No search code, using the built in search from Access. Wondering if it's a Windows 11 issue?
This seemed to happen around then. Also, some other odd things too. When closing Access, it sometimes leaves a lock file behind.
The orphan lock file is probably a result of the latest bug released by MS updates.

Details here and here.

The other problem is probably not related, but apply the fixes first and then report back if the search dialog problem remains.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
I have a macro that has a message box and then opens a form. It only shows the message box and does not open the form.
When I remove the message box, it then works and opens the form. All of this after windows 11

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
The orphan lock file is probably a result of the latest bug released by MS updates.

Details here and here.

The other problem is probably not related, but apply the fixes first and then report back if the search dialog problem remains.
Any update on that fix?

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 11:14
I have a macro that has a message box and then opens a form. It only shows the message box and does not open the form.
When I remove the message box, it then works and opens the form. All of this after windows 11
You probably have two different problems. It's possible that updating to Windows 11 was a bit premature as it's not yet a settled quantity.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks!. But my first issue is still strange.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:14
Well, based on what you wrote, I have to ask if you are sure that you actually did a search. If the search didn't occur (i.e. if there was a way for the code or macro to NOT attempt something because of some condition), you wouldn't get that message even if your search criteria would have found no matching records. Stated another way, you have to attempt and fail the search to get the message.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using the magnifying glass built from Access. I use it all the time. Whenever I do a search that does not find what I'm looking for, I get the popup message that it can't find it. But now, nothing happens. Yes, I am doing a search. Like I said, something has changed and it's not any design changes from me. An update, Window 11, etc...

KitaYama

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:14
I see a lot of blames on win 11.
We have a lot of PCs all running on win 11 and office 365 here and none of them shows what's explained. So hardly I can say it's a win side problem.

Last edited:

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Strange... I just know something changed.

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
So, after adding to the trusted locations, the lock file issue and my popup messages are working properly.
Thanks GP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom