Position Access's "Find" or "search replace" Box on two screens. (1 Viewer)

747skipper

Local time
Today, 12:27
FIRST this is the in the VBA Code window, not a program I'm writing.

I have two screens with the form open on one and the code on the other.
Whenever I open the find box [ Edit. Find] or Ctrl F, the box opens exactly across the join of the screens.
Find.jpg

Some of these boxes you can drag where you want them and they will open in that position next time, but this one is stubborn!

Access 2013 on Window 10 pro if that makes a difference
Any help to scratch this itch appreciated.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I presume you have the access window spread across 2 monitors so try adjusting its size or position

747skipper

Local time
Thanks CJ but no.
I have the main Access window displaying the form in monitor1 and when I select "Design View" " See Code" it spawns a separate window which I then drag to monito2 and set as maximised.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK - try swapping them round so vba window is on the left.

Just a guess - it might be something to do with differing monitor size/resolution/zoom?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've found you can change the vertical position of the Find dialog by changing the Windows settings in the VBE.
However that is unlikely to solve your problem as the horizontal position remains in the centre of whatever display Windows 'thinks' you have
If the above suggestions don't help, I suggest you try cycling through the display settings temporarily to extend/duplicate the display etc.
With luck, doing that will 'shock' the display back to the correct location

747skipper

Local time
CJ. Thanks. That does work so I'm getting somewhere. The monitors are identical but the left hand one is directly in front of me and I've got used to having that one as Form. Oh well old dogs can learn new tricks.

isladogs (love the picture big lab fan)
The "Window" option helps, in that if I choose split it appears on the boundary, Cascade puts it at the top or bottom of the particular view.
Off topic but what does "Arrange Icons do"?
I tried swapping displays in Windows setup, (blew my mind going off the left hand end of the left hand monitor to come onto the right hand edge of the right hand one!)
Have found a sort of fix. If I don't maximise the code window but just size it to almost fill the screen the box appears at the bottom, which is better than on the join.
Why is it always the little things that bug you?
Thanks both.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've never known what Arrange Icons does and haven't found any help topic for it.

I also find it very confusing when I swop the monitors by dragging in Windows settings.
Even more confusing is placing one monitor 'above the other' ....

Did you also try cycling through the different display options as I suggested?

747skipper

Local time
Yes I did. The two tile options giving me about 30 small windows and the cascade option a similar number one above the other.
Expanding one of these to a workable size caused the Find box to appear at the top or bottom of the window whilst maximising an individual window returned to centring the box on the joint between the screens.
For the moment I'm just opening the main code window to almost full screen and working with that.
Thanks again for your help and ideas.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I knew you had tried tiling & cascade but that wasn't what I meant when I wrote:
I suggest you try cycling through the display settings temporarily to extend/duplicate the display etc.
With luck, doing that will 'shock' the display back to the correct location

By that I meant go to Windows Settings ...Display ...Multiple Displays and then cycle through each of the options in turn. It will look something like this but YMMV ...

1645722434122.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom