Prefill reports (1 Viewer)

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:28
I am trying to build a database with a secondary function of printing forms off of scanned images. I have applications that range anywhere from 6-35+ pages long and I am curious as to whether or not this can be done. As of now, I have a form with the image as the background and then bound textbox fields so that I can search for a name, and the information is spread through the form. The problem lies in that it can only be done one page at a time. Also, the name would have to be searched for on every page, and when that has to be done with 30+ pages it really does not keep its goal of trying to make things easier. Is there a way to search for a name, place it in some sort of report that has EVERY page. My only other thought is that i have all different forms (which would start to make the DB very very large) but a command to print out all the forms in order without having to open them. The method just described is out of my realm of VBA coding at the time, but I plan to learn it. I believe it has something to do with a print command and then just specifying what needs to be printed.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Ive been struggling with this for the longest time. It is a semi-comprehensive DB as in there is a lot it can do, but relatively simple.

One last question not concerning the above issue. Does anyone know of any good books that I can use to teach myself some VBA? I have a very vague knowledge of the last version of VB before VB.net. But that was back 5 years ago, so I would like to start at the basics, but any help would be great!

-Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom