Printer printing only one copy and blinks instead of printing let's say 10 copies. (1 Viewer)

Mercy Mercy

Local time
Today, 22:18
I am trying to print copies from my Ms access application. After printing one copy, the printer stops. What could be the problem. Is it page settings on application? How can I fix it? Thanks.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:18
What is the code (if any) you are using to make the print happen?

Mercy Mercy

Local time
Code:
Private sub cmdPrint_Clicl()
  On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint
Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
Resume Next
End Sub

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 12:18
Code:
Private sub cmdPrint_Clicl()
  On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint
Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
Resume Next
End Sub
How do you tell the printer how many copies to print?

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 15:18
You could simply execute the same command in a loop how ever many times you need. How many copies are you trying to print?

Edit: I see you have already posted about a range of pages. There isn't a direct option for that as you would need to setup the printer dialog settings in advance. Maybe this stackoverflow thread can help.

Last edited:

Mercy Mercy

Local time
You could simply execute the same command in a loop how ever many times you need. How many copies are you trying to print?
Not copies please. I have 10 pages to be printed. It only print page 1 and stops. Sorry. My bad.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 15:18
The DoCmd.PrintOut command does have the ability to print out a range of pages as you need, but only access objects. What exactly are you trying to print?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 12:18
Sorry. It only prints page 1 instead of page 1 to page 10. I am really sorry.
Ah, now I get it. I'm a bit slow sometimes.

If the report is 10 pages long, so far as I know, those pages would print. I've had the opposite problem, in fact, where the report ended up being dozens of pages long and having to try to stop it when I realized it was going to print all of them, wasting a lot of paper....

But that brings up a different question regarding the fact that there are multiple pages to print, as Mike asked.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
What exactly are you trying to print?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Check the layout and paper sizes.
It might be baulking at the effective size of paper being sent to it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:18
Your title leads me to ask a question. Does something on the printer actually BLINK when this problem occurs? And if so, does the printer have some kind of status display that might show an error? Since it appears that the printer is the thing that is balking and not Access, look to the front of the printer first.

Second question, independent of the first (mostly). Is the printer hard-wired or Wi-Fi? If you check the computer's printer queue, are the files still pending in the queue? If so, what is their status? (The point of the latter questions is that it might be possible to look elsewhere for an error code.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom