Solved Printing the Table Design View (1 Viewer)

tommu319

Local time
Today, 09:38
Is there any way that I can print out the full Table Design page, showing the Field Names and Data Type?

I have inherited a DB with way too many Fields all in one table, but I'd like to print out the entire list of them before I start deciding which to split off into a different table.

Thanks

Tom

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:38
Obviously you can take a screenshot.
Or it can be done using code
Or you can use the Database Documenter in the Database Tools menu. You may want to reduce the amount of info provided as it can be very detailed.

Also look at the Analyse Table tool to assist with splitting your table.

tommu319

Local time
Obviously you can take a screenshot.
Or it can be done using code
Or you can use the Database Documenter in the Database Tools menu. You may want to reduce the amount of info provided as it can be very detailed.

Also look at the Analyse Table tool to assist with splitting your table.
Database Documenter did exactly what I wanted... TYVM

Tom

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
before I start deciding which to split off into a different table.
If the table has too many columns it is almost certainly not normalized. Arbitrarily assigning columns to different tables will NOT solve any problem. If you want to fix the problem, work to normalize the table to remove any repeating groups. If there are no repeating groups (unlikely if you have more than ~ 50 columns), then do not split the table. When you create queries, it is poor practice to use Select *. You should select only the columns and rows you need for the specific task. Doing that, the extra columns will not interfere with what you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom