problem with attached PDF (1 Viewer)

felipe_gg

Local time
Today, 00:36
Hello everyone!

i got a problem! with a pdf sent via mail from a form ...the mail is sent correctly with the pdf attached but when someone replies
the attached PDF disappears and the report is no longer in the mail.
i need to keep this pdf visible while replying but i can't make it work :confused:

also, out of curiosity , is there any way to, instead of attaching the data into a pdf and mail it, just put that info in the mail body? i think that would be much agile for what im being asked for, but. perhaps its too much work for something so trivial

thanks in advance !

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:36
Hi. I don't understand your original question, but you can definitely do away with the PDF attachment and simply display the data in the body of the email. However, that would require some recordset looping code and possibly also some email client automation. How exactly are you generating the email right now?

felipe_gg

Local time
Today, 00:36
uh oke let me breath.. usually i have problems explaining in my own language i cant imagine how it is in english lol
the mail is generated with a macro inside a form which gets data from SQL
the form is opened, it displays data from sql and theres a button with a macro that makes the pdf and sends the mail
looks like this, problem is when the mail generated is replied the attached pdf is lost
1620851441348.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
problem is when the mail generated is replied the attached pdf is lost
Well, that's normal behavior for any email when replying to it. To keep the attachment intact, you would want to forward the message instead.

Still, if you want to forego with using a PDF and simply add the data in the body of the email, you will probably have to use VBA, rather than a macro. Which email client do you use?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@felipe_gg

Try this:

After the recipient receives the email, instead of clicking REPLY, click Forward. Does this help preserve the attachment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom