Problems with relationships showing up in a form (1 Viewer)

tomchance

Local time
Today, 00:11
I'm designing a relatively simple access database with four linked tables:

- users
- computers
- licenses
- license_users

Each user as a computer_id linking to the computers table; they also have a set of rows in license_users, linked via their userid, that join them to the licenses table. The relationships are enforced with referential integrity. Everything works fine when I enter data manually in the table datasheet view.

I've designed a nice form to make it easier to enter data for all the tables at once, but when I try to enter the data it all goes wrong. I'm unable to enter any data into the users table fields until I have complete the computer and license data. If I enter that first, then start entering data into the users fields, the computer data suddenly disappears. If I inspect the table then the computers and license_users has been entered, but nothing is entered for the user and I can't get the rows to relate to the users!

It's a while since I designed any Access databases, and I'm stuck, so suggestions would be appreciated.

tomchance

Local time
Today, 00:11
Here you go... with one cross-table record in.

Attachments

• it_systems.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 98

seth_belgium

WoW-Addict
Local time
Today, 01:11
I would solve this as such:

Make a form in which you add a new user. On that form, add a button that opens a second form, on which you add a computer.

Then you can use your current form to display all that info and add the licences.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom