Programatically add image control (2 Viewers)

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
Okay, I've searched everywhere for this answer and it seems that no one seems to want to answer this one, but I'm going to ask again as I haven't figured out an alternative.

I need to figure out how to add a new image to a form programatically. I am building a map and I want to plot points on it that represent our clients in our city (Manhattan) I have the map, and I'm able to select a client and then click on the map and move a single pushpin to the location where I click (an image that I have added the normal way). As well, the code adds a record to a table with 1) the image's X Y coordinates, and 2) a new name for the image - I change the image name to imgID & [ClientID] so that the image can have a unique name.

The problem is I'm stumped at how to add a new image (plot point) as we need to be able to view plot points in relationship to each other to better understand our coverage zones, etc.

Additionally, we're always adding new clients so I can't just add a finite number of "pushpin" images to the form. As well, I need to make this ready for an end user.

I know there has to be a way to do this, and while I'm not an Access expert I'm comfortable with code, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
Josh

Last edited:

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Just to be a little clearer, what I need to do is after I rename the current plot point (image) on the form I need to programatically add a new image control, name it (which I know how to do), and specify the new images source location from a directory.

Thanks again,
J

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Does anyone have ANY thoughts about this? I'm totally stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom