Project Forecast Crosstab query (1 Viewer)

chthomas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:27
Hi,

I have to plot a graph for project forecast data. Am reaching to a crosstab query and getting lost. The result of the crosstab query is attached as a Table here. Columns titled 11,21,31,41 and 43 are the disciplines. The value in them are the Manhours against each discipline. "Month End" column is the Date at which these manhours are available to the discipline."Months remaining" column indicates the number of months to complete the project.

First I have to calculate the average manhours that will be available per discipline. Thats easy say for 11discipline it is 210 /4=52.5

Then I have to project the Manhours for each discipline for the next 3 months, starting from the "Month End Column" ie say

for 11 discipline since the Month End is 29/02/2008 it should be for the next 3 months

Month End Hours

30/03/2008 52.5
30/04/2008 52.5
30/05/2008 52.5

The same for all projects and all disciplines. At the end I have to summ up the hours per Project per discipline per Month End. Am sure it can be done easily in Excel, but not sure on how to proceed further. Should I again go for Crosstab queries to get Project, Discipline,Month End and Hours? Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Charley

Attachments

• db1.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom