Property renting calendar (1 Viewer)

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:25
Hello.
I am going crazy with my excel sheets,...so I am looking for suggestions for a Access calendar-type database that would allow me to keep track of the guest reservations of a few properties. More than anything, I need to find something that allows me to display the reservations of the different properties as you see in the attached images....I need a calendar that displays horizontally and basically automatically fills the reservation dates for each property so I can visually see if a property is reserved and who is occupying it. It would work similar to a hotel reservation database except that each room would be a different property and I am really primarily interested in finding a way to create/display the calendar and the reservations, not pricing, etc; just the calendar. Any suggestions?
mafhobb

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:25
Hi. Maybe this blog article might give you an idea of one possible approach?

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Hi theDBguy,
Thank you for this. It will be helpful, but the first step is to create a "linear" calendar similar to the images that I posted earlier. How do I go about creating such calendar? In simple terms, I assume that I need to create a form with the "dates" bar, showing the dates, then a line below for each property (I'll start with only one to test) and then the final step is to populate it. What would be an appropriate approach/strategy to creating such form with this linear blank calendar? How would I go about moving forward of backwards in time in this calendar? Any suggestions on that?
mafhobb

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi theDBguy,
Thank you for this. It will be helpful, but the first step is to create a "linear" calendar similar to the images that I posted earlier. How do I go about creating such calendar? In simple terms, I assume that I need to create a form with the "dates" bar, showing the dates, then a line below for each property (I'll start with only one to test) and then the final step is to populate it. What would be an appropriate approach/strategy to creating such form with this linear blank calendar? How would I go about moving forward of backwards in time in this calendar? Any suggestions on that?
mafhobb
Hi. Once you have all the info for your dates, you can use a Crosstab Query to create your Calendar. Or, you could do a search on "calendars" or "gantt chart." There are a lot of demoes available on those subjects.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 19:25
You could adapt peter Hibbs holiday planner
I can't find the link in Utta access But I have a picture of a version I have.

1596983701516.png

You could download the employee example as it is included there but it would be better for you to adapt the original

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
You could adapt peter Hibbs holiday planner
I can't find the link in Utta access But I have a picture of a version I have.

View attachment 84140

You could download the employee example as it is included there but it would be better for you to adapt the original
@MickJav Maybe you're thinking of this one.

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Their system must be down as I get errors when trying to log in

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Can you please send me an email, so I can help you? Thanks.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Perhaps they have a few problems

The big day is here. On Saturday, August 8th 2020, we will be moving to our new home, UAv4.

We will start the process at 4AM EDT (GMT-4) and expect to be done by 4PM (16:00) EDT. During the transition, the forums will be offline (there may be brief periods of us being online, but for all intents and purposes, we’re offline). We will post updates on our Twitter account (https://twitter.com/UtterAccess).

Dreamweaver

Local time
Sorry but I really don't like it the layout seems all wrong to me and where's the archive and API Sections gone?

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately I have a 64-bit version and the db is in 32-bit

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately I have a 64-bit version and the db is in 32-bit
That doesn't mean you can't still use it. Just need to figure out what needs to change or ask Peter to post a 64-bit version.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I think it may be the modcolourpicker.

Replace the API call with this one
Code:
#If VBA7 Then 'use PtrSafe & LongPtr

Private Type COLORSTRUC
  lStructSize As Long
  hWnd As LongPtr
  hInstance As LongPtr
  rgbResult As Long
  lpCustColors As String
  Flags As Long
  lCustData As LongPtr
  lpfnHook As LongPtr
  lpTemplateName As String
End Type

Private Declare PtrSafe Function ChooseColor Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "ChooseColorA" (pChoosecolor As COLORSTRUC) As Long

#Else

Private Type COLORSTRUC
  lStructSize As Long
  hWnd As Long
  hInstance As Long
  rgbResult As Long
  lpCustColors As String
  Flags As Long
  lCustData As Long
  lpfnHook As Long
  lpTemplateName As String
End Type

Private Declare Function ChooseColor Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "ChooseColorA" (pChoosecolor As COLORSTRUC) As Long
#End If

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Work got in the way.

The error actually comes up with modfileselect. See attache dimage

mafhobb
Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom