Protect my application (1 Viewer)

freuzo

Local time
Today, 12:12
Hello,
I've created a relatively great application.
For protection, I disabled pretty much anything : menu, nav, right click... So the users can only use the application through form. I've also disable the shift key to avoid bypass at start.
Unfortunately an access application can be bypass even if the shift key is disable.

What I want to do is, if the application starts on another way than the main form, that some important objects (table, query, forms) to be deleted. So the intruder won't have my whole application.

Any suggestions on how I can set this up would be great.
Thanks.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:12
Hi. Who is this potential intruder? Are you developing an Access database for work or for sale? If it was for work, I am not sure deleting the data would be a good idea.

freuzo

Local time
By table, I mean some locals tables I made to perform some things. The back-end with real data is on a MySql DB I created.
The potential intruder are some IT whose are interested in the application. I will offer them two option : buy the application without being able to modify the structure or buy the application with the "source code". The last option is obviously more expensive.
I don't want them to take the first option and just "crack" the thing. With both option they have the back-end, it's just data. The real thing is the code in front end.

I don't want every object to be deleted. Just some crutials ones.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
By table, I mean some locals tables I made to perform some things. The back-end with real data is on a MySql DB I created.
The potential intruder are some IT whose are interested in the application. I will offer them two option : buy the application without being able to modify the structure or buy the application with the "source code". The last option is obviously more expensive.
I don't want them to take the first option and just "crack" the thing. With both option they have the back-end, it's just data. The real thing is the code in front end.

I don't want every object to be deleted. Just some crutials ones.
Hi. If you want to protect your "source code," the surest way is to only deploy ACCDE versions of your app. When you say "buy," are you talking about selling your Access application as a commercial application? If so, @isladogs does that, so he should have plenty of advice in that area.

freuzo

Local time
@theDBguy accde is a good way but some of my vba codes didn't worked work with that version. Maybe I should give it another chance and try to fix what's wrong.

@isladogs thanks for the link. I going right away to read it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
@theDBguy accde is a good way but some of my vba codes didn't worked work with that version. Maybe I should give it another chance and try to fix what's wrong.
Hi. I can't think of any code that won't work as ACCDE other than if you're creating objects on the fly or modifying the designs of your database objects. The purpose of using ACCDE is to prevent design changes, so you won't be able to do that using code either.

freuzo

Local time
Hi. Some forms did not open with the ACCDE version and the same forms normally opened with the ACCDB version. The same application. I forgot the error message. I didn't have time to deal with it at the time and just decided not to do an ACCDE version.
I'll try again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Some forms did not open with the ACCDE version and the same forms normally opened with the ACCDB version. The same application. I forgot the error message. I didn't have time to deal with it at the time and just decided not to do an ACCDE version.
I'll try again.
I wonder if those forms have code trying to modify their designs dynamically. If so, you'll have to find another way to do the same thing without changing the design on the fly. Let us know what you find out.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
depends what you mean by design changes - in .accde you can't add/delete/rename controls, but you can use code to hide/move/change the control source/caption and most other properties whilst the form is open - but you can't then save those changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom