Pulling information between subforms (1 Viewer)

NSAMSA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:34
Hi All:

I have a form called [frmNewData] with multiple subforms in it. All are data entry forms. Among these, I have one called [frmProducts] of which I enter a new product number and name.

Another form I have is [frmRecipes] which needs the product field populated with an existing product. I need this field to automatically be the new product entered. The table it comes from restrictively links to the products table.

In the default property of the frmRecipes form, I put the follow [Forms]![frmNewData]![frmProducts].[Form]![Product]

This is not working. What am I missing?

Thank you so much for all your help!

NSAMSA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:34
I thought I would clarify a bit more. Say these are recipes for sandwiches. and I currently have a chicken sandwich in table1. table two has the elements available, so it would have "bun", "Chicken Patty", "Lettuce", "Tomato" as entries. Table three has the recipe, so column one would have "Chicken Sandwich" and column two would have "bun". The next entry would be "Chicken Sandwich" and "Chicken Patty" and so on and so forth.

A new item on the menu is Chicken Cordon Bleu. The user enters the new menu item in the first subForm. Then in the second, they enter any elements that do not currently exist that are needed, ("ham", "swiss"). In the final subForm, I want the product name to be "Chicken Cordon Bleu" automatically so that I can remove the tab option and they can just enter the elements needed to make the sandwich on each entry without having to bring up the sandwich again and again.

I thought that analogy would be helpful.

Once again thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom