put sql into a text box, how? (1 Viewer)

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:03
i have got the result i need but i got by using a query. no i need to convert it in someway to be able to put it in a text bob. is it possible and does anyone know how to do it.

SELECT tblClientDetails.ClientDetailsID, tblClientCourse.ItemsRemaining, tblCourseItems.ItemsID
FROM tblClientDetails INNER JOIN (((tblCourses INNER JOIN tblClientCourse ON tblCourses.CourseID = tblClientCourse.CourseID) INNER JOIN tblOrdersItems ON tblClientCourse.OrdersItemsID = tblOrdersItems.OrdersItemsID) INNER JOIN tblCourseItems ON tblCourses.CourseID = tblCourseItems.CoursesID) ON tblClientDetails.ClientDetailsID = tblClientCourse.ClientID
WHERE (((tblClientDetails.ClientDetailsID)=[Forms]![frmDepartures]![ClientDetailsID]) AND ((tblClientCourse.ItemsRemaining)>0) AND ((tblCourseItems.ItemsID)=[Forms]![frmDepartures-PriceChange]![ItemsID]));

thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:03
You probably know you can't use it directly in a textbox. You could use a DLookup() to get the value from the query if it only returns one record. Other options include making the SQL the row source of a combo or list box, and opening a recordset on the SQL and placing the value in the textbox in code.

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
That was exactly the answer I was looking for. So just to clarify. I can create a query and put a dlookup in a text box to return the correct value. I made one change to the SQL. I put the [itemsremaining] as first do it should only return 1 value. Thanks for the help.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem.

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
hello again, im struggling with the DLookup. i dont really know how to do a DLookup for a query as it is very new to me. about 10 minutes old.lol. ive tried and i get #NAME in my txt box.what am i missing

=DLookUp([ItemsRemaining],[qryDepartures-PriceChange-CourseItemsRemaining])

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They are string arguments. Try

=DLookUp("[ItemsRemaining]","[qryDepartures-PriceChange-CourseItemsRemaining]")

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
always those little things, isnt it! thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, it is. This is where you want to whack the monitor and yell "you know what I meant!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom