Solved Query based on combo box (1 Viewer)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:43
I am having a mental blank
I am trying to pull payroll records in a query based on a popup form that asks the user to enter StartDate, EndDate and EmployeeName
The employee field on the form
is based on a combo box tied to the employee file which brings back fields EmpID and Employee Name
As coded it works perfectly so I can records for employee from 1 to N and get their records for the date period specified.
However if the user doesn't select an employee name i would like to bring back all records for all employees for the time period specified.
I assume it is based on the employeename field or EmpId being null but I seem to have problem coding this in my query. Does anyone have a suggestion or a pointer to a query where this has been done?

Query problem.PNG

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:13
you can add 1 criteria for EmployeeID and JobDay:

for EmployeeID:
Nz([Forms]![Allcrete-Report-Date-Range]![Employee],[EmployeeID])

for JobDay:
Between Nz([Forms]![Allcrete-Report-Date-Range]![Beginning-Date],#01/01/1890#) And Nz([Forms]![Allcrete-Report-Date-Range]![Ending-Date],#31/12/9999#)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for replying ARNLGP
This what I received back after installing the code. The date picking works well standalone but the employee selection is not working
1616304796331.png

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for replying ARNLGP
This what I received back after installing the code. The date picking works well standalone but the employee selection is not working
View attachment 90131
Hi arnlgp,

Many thanks I simply prefixed the field name with the table name and the problem was solved. Thanks ever so much.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:13
Perhaps EmployeeID criteria should be:
[Forms]![Allcrete-Report-Date-Range]![Employee],[EmployeeID] OR IS NULL

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your input.
I used the following which directly referenced the correct table:-

Nz([Forms]![Allcrete-Report-Date-Range]![Employee],[WorkOrder Labor]![EmployeeID])

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom