Query Help (1 Viewer)

cright99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:33
Ive been trying for days to get a query to behave the way I want but ive come to the end of the road..

I have a table called ClientDetails and a table called Applications.
They are linked up by a field called ClientID.

In ClientDetails i have another field called ClientNumber (along with many others) And in the Applications table I have one called PrimaryClientNumber (along with others as well)

What ive done is i have created a form (which is on ClientDetails) with many subform including Applications. I want another Subform called Family. What Family shows (this is the punch line) is if any applications PrimaryClientNumber is listed as the same as its own Clientsnumber then it will list that Applications Clientnumber on its ClientDetails.

I hope i have explained it well. If you want an example to help what i mean. I would gladly give one.
Thanks very much for your help.

Ziggy1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:33
your asking for query help, but it sounds more like Form help...it would help to see an example...removed Personal data....if I were to guess, it sounds like you want to link the ID of the Family table to one of the sub forms...if so then you need to link the Family form to the other subform...a sub to the sub.

cright99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:33
Thank you for your reply. I was just in the process in creating a new Example Database to show what I mean. But doing this i stumbled on a way to getting what i want that works.
Here is the example that ive done if your interested.. (I think its pretty cool myself :))
Im not sure if its the best way to do it as it seems a little messy. But it does the job i want so i am happy.

Attachments

• ClientManagment.mdb
    432 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom