Query in a bound Form to unbound fields (1 Viewer)

weilerdo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:28
I have a form frm_austin_logs that is bound to a table tbl_logs on the form I have 8 fields that are not bound to the table that I want to pull there information from a query. I created the query qry_austin_log_gpa and if I run the query stand alone it works fine. In the form I put the following code in the Control Sourse for the unbound field
=[qry_austin_log_gpa]![English] and I get the #Name? error in the field. I am completely stumped on this one. I even tried doing it in VB code Me.Text50 = Nz(Avg(IIf([subjest] = Math And [student] = Austin, [score])), From("[tbl_logs]")) with no luck. The query field that works stand alone is the following. Math: Nz(Avg(IIf([subjest]='Math' And [student]='Austin',[score])))

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:28
You can't refer to the query that way. You can use a DLookup:

=DLookup("English", "qry_austin_log_gpa")

weilerdo

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul, Where would I do the DLookup at. I tried it in the control source and now I am gettinga #Error

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It should work as the control source. Make sure the query and field names are correct. You can probably eliminate the query and use a DAvg:

=DAvg("score", "tbl_logs", "[subjest]='Math' And [student]='Austin'")

Last edited:

weilerdo

Registered User.
Local time
Paul, You never cease to amaze me. Thanks again

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help! Just noticed I missed the closing quotes in the DAvg, which I'll go back and fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom