Query Not Updated (1 Viewer)

looma123

Local time
Today, 13:42
Hi,

i run access system for our invoicing. i have 2 tables
1. invoices
2. Collection

for each row (invoice) in table 1 there might be multiple rows (collection) in table 2.

to show the pending collection i have to create 1 query for table 2 (Collection) with sum of the amount column, then link it to a 2nd query sothat it will total the collection for each single invoice and i can show only the uncollected invoices/partialy collected invoices.

my problem is that in the query showing the pending coleltion i cannot update any data "The record set is not updatable", any one have solution?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:42
Not supposed to save aggregate data - calculate it when needed. Otherwise, use VBA manipulating recordsets to save or use Domain Aggregate functions in UPDATE action or write data to a 'temp' table and use that as source for UPDATE action to permanent table.

This is a common topic.

looma123

Local time
Today, 13:42
Not supposed to save aggregate data - calculate it when needed. Otherwise, use VBA manipulating recordsets to save or use Domain Aggregate functions in UPDATE action or write data to a 'temp' table and use that as source for UPDATE action to permanent table.

This is a common topic.
Thanks for your Reply, could you please give me some hint, cannot understand well.
manipulating recordsets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom