Query / Relationship Issue (1 Viewer)

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 01:08
Hello,

Trying to put together a query that has all my data. However when I get to the this table the query no longer works, has just the titles. When I add tblCallCredit the query stops working. If I remove that table I get the data that the query is supposed to fetch.

I am not sure if its a relationship issue or something else which I dont know about.

Any clues?

Attached Image.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 145

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Yesterday, 22:08
Are there any matching records in tblCallCredit? If not, then your query won't return any records.

You can change the join type of the relationship in the query so that all records from tblCalls are shown by double-clicking on the line joining tblCalls and tblCallCredits and selecting the proper option.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Yeah, sorry the obvious. I thought I appended the data to that table but it wont let me. Trying to append field 'Eligible' to 'CreditAmount'

Here is my tblCallCredit:

CALLCREDITID (PK) - AUTONUMBER
CALLID - NUMBER
CREDITYPEID - NUMBER
CREDITAMOUNT - NUMBER

I AM TRYING TO APPEND FROM tblClientContacts:

ELIGIBLE - NUMBER

------
I attached my relationships. tblClientContacts was prenormalization and now trying to take that data and put it into the proper tables.

I attached my field from tblClientContacts called 'Eligible'.

Anyone have a common reason why it will not let me append the data.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 113
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 119

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Trying to append field 'Eligible'

Shouldn't that be update?

And, everything in that field appears to be a -1, making me think that this was a yes/no field? If so, maybe there's a data type issue going on. If so, try CInt([Eligible]) instead in the updateto row.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
I think I am just plain lost. I am cufused by the normalization that I dont know what do next. Sorry.

I have removed all the personal information from my database. (3000+ rows) I have attached it.

I am trying to find the proper query to take the data from my tblClientcontacts and put that into my normalized tables. The forms that I have are still using my un-normalized tblClientcontacts. I am trying to get the data moved over. ( I have 3000+ rows in my actual database).

Then after I get the data or most of it into my new tables then I need to redo my form silightly.

I dont know where to go from here. Any pointers before I drown myself in a liquid lunch...argh.

Attachments

• Help.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 101

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Well, I'm afraid I only have access 2000 and your file appears to be a later version that I can't open. Also, just so you know, it would pay to leave in enough sample data to allow us to get a better feel for whether something is working.

In any case, the problem appears to be the process of transferring a bunch of data that is currently not normalized into a db structure that is normalized? If so, then I understand your pain.

<Rant>This is the worst as it usually involves a lot of yelling at the computer IME ;) I have begun to sound like the office curmudgeon in the last year or two because I keep wanting to yell at people for not entering their data into a proper db in the first place instead of into damned excel (I like Excel but not the way most people use it as a data repository) and then asking me to move it into a db for them.</Rant>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom