query (1 Viewer)

mikd1970

Local time
Today, 16:30
Can someone please help me with this. HOw do i create a query that will allow me to pick from a list of items in a certain field. For example i need to run a report of which items come from a particular section. I need to be able to run the query and it provide me a list of the sections i have so that i can choose one and then create a report based on the section i choose. For example I want to run a report of all the items that are in the section of General Administration. Can someone please assist me

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:30
In order to get a list of items, you would have to present them in a form for the user to pick from. Have the query criteria refer to that form. You'd have your list and then a button to open the report.

mikd1970

Local time
Today, 16:30
Thanks, but could you walk me through how to do that. I have not done that feature before and I dont want to sound like i dont know, but could you give me a step by step

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:30
Create a new form. Use the combo box wizard to create your list. Put a criteria in your query:

Forms!FormName.ComboName

replacing the second and third bits with the appropriate names. Use the command button wizard to put a button on the form that opens the report based on that query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom