Question on Access Web App (1 Viewer)

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:49
So we have just updated office suite at work to Office 365. I was asked to put together a quick dbase that would pull in information from a few different places to give our telephone support people some historical data.

That was easy enough to do, but when I went to create a new dbase I saw the web app option and thought I would play with it a little. From what I have seen I really like it - as far as for this application.

I ran into a possible 'problem' and not sure what is happening. Was hopeful someone here may know?!?

I created a table with the data needed, that is refreshed every morning. This table is in an existing dbase on my computer. When the web app was created I pointed it to use this particular table.

I was running a few tests today by adding new data that should have pulled into the table the web app uses - works as far as seeing it in the dbase, but the table in the web app does not seem to update.

Is there a trick to getting the web app to refresh the table with the most current data?

Thanks

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks .... I think.. HA!
I really liked the way the web app displayed the data - without the queries/etc needed.
Guess I'll just have to get to work designing something myself .

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:49
Yeah, it's sort of pulling the rug out from under users. I suppose you could use one as an interim solution.

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
I have a little experience with Access - but I was really surprised how well the web app organized my data.

My big issue now is to figure out how to do the same type of thing in a regular dbase without using VB (I'm terrible at that)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:49
That's what we're here for! :p

When you hit a snag, start a thread on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom