Question on Covid19 Vaccine that makes me anxious (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 03:40
It's more effective to get the virus and recover. That's science. :p
Link here.

View attachment 88619

Yeah, I think for the young population it would be better to get the virus and recover instead of useless vaccination.
This ties into the thread: Can We Be Too Clean (Ultra Sanitary)?

We all want to be safe from disease. Vaccines serve that purpose. Also vaccines provide excellent political optics of the government and health industry helping us. Nevertheless, a legitimate concern is whether using vaccines or allowing people to get sick would have a better health outcome. (Of course if a vaccine is available and the child dies because the child did not get it, the recriminations start flying. But then a certain number of people will suffer adverse effects from a vaccines. Some may even die. The outliers make rational discussion difficult.)

Some allergies have been linked to children not having been "sick enough". There is also a rising concern that some anti-antibiotics are increasingly becoming less effective in treating diseases as the infectious agents become "resistant" to them.

Vaccines versus allowing people to be sick will be a perpetual debate, but one that should be discussed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:40
This ties into the thread: Can We Be Too Clean (Ultra Sanitary)?

We all want to be safe from disease. Vaccines serve that purpose. Also vaccines provide excellent political optics of the government and health industry helping us. Nevertheless, a legitimate concern is whether using vaccines or allowing people to get sick would have a better health outcome. (Of course if a vaccine is available and the child dies because the child did not get it, the recriminations start flying. But then a certain number of people will suffer adverse effects from a vaccines. Some may even die. The outliers make rational discussion difficult.)

Some allergies have been linked to children not having been "sick enough". There is also a rising concern that some anti-antibiotics are increasingly becoming less effective in treating diseases as the infectious agents become "resistant" to them.

Vaccines versus allowing people to be sick will be a perpetual debate, but one that should be discussed.
Hopefully time will tell what the general seeming rate of adverse impacts of the vaccine is. Not sure how much time will be needed to get a picture, but, it's ironic that in general, by the time that I get the vaccine, healthcare workers/teachers/cops will have taken yet another hit for me--as guinea pigs. And I still haven't gotten COVID. Guess I have a lot to be thankful for

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Risk to whom, yourself or those nearest and dearest to you? Just sayin'.
Please don't tell me that you are in favor of vaccinating children and young people?

When the polio vaccine was developed, who did we vaccinate? Children because they were at risk. Who did we not vaccinate? Adults because they rarely caught the disease.
healthcare workers/teachers/cops will have taken yet another hit for me
I'm beginning to think that since the vulnerable are not at the top of the line for vaccination in 45 states, maybe we should just let the young and healthy take the risk and just stay isolated for another couple of months:)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Remember when he said you didn't need masks?

1611846346506.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Remember when he said you didn't need masks?

View attachment 88692
I'll toss this in again from Futurama: Episode Transcript: 3acv05
Zoidberg: All 6,000 hulls have been breached!

[Fry falls to his knees.]

Fry: Oh, the fools! If only they'd built it with 6,001 hulls! When will they learn?
PS: "Eons ago", there was a massive controversy over oil tankers being required to have two hulls as a safety measure versus just one hull. The episode of Futurama cited is a continuation of that controversy. And also gets into the issue of when is enough, enough. It occurred to me later that I had not properly laid out that background to the quote.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wish we could just order the schools to open and hire non-union teachers.

Jon, are teachers in the UK unionized? Do you have this kind of problem with them?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder who will be getting the less effective Johnson & Johnson vaccine? Surely not politicians, no they went to head of the line. Maybe cops firefighters and nurses no they got theirs. Hmm may have to think about this further.

1611941894735.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NY is being forced to recount COVID deaths. Apparently once Cuomo killed all those people by sending the infected back to nursing homes, they covered up by counting the deaths as happening in hospitals if the patient was sent to a hospital.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Ouch!​

Chinese Patients Limp Out Of Hospital After Covid Anal Swab Testing​

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My favorite bridge partner just tested positive. They live in NY where the vaccine distribution is even more political. He is 80 and has asthma. His wife is a little younger and undergoing chemo for cancer. Neither has been found worthy of vaccinating.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to hear about your friends.
Ironically they are the group who needs protection.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, they are. Cuomo is so bad it's scary and my governor follows him very closely.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Obama stopped funding for change of function research in virus' in 2011 because it was so dangerous. Fauci kept funding the Wuhan lab doing that research despite what Obama ordered. So, it looks like we can blame the US for funding the research that brought us the Wuhan virus and the sloppiness of the Chinese researchers for unleashing it on the world and the corruption of the WHO and China for lying to us at the beginning to keep us from reacting quickly enough.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe Trump should spend the next four years doubling his fortune by suing the leakers and liars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom