Question on Covid19 Vaccine that makes me anxious (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:29
NG, a sincere question, the fact that you possess the covid antibodies will that satisfy the government? Will you be able to enter buildings or fly without a vaccine document in the future. Thanks.
Probably not. I expect my life to be a bit challenging in the future - Big Brother at his finest.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The HYSTERIA around hydroxychloroquine came directly out of a comment made by Trump that there were reports of it being an effective treatment in the early stages of the disease. IMMEDIATELY, the Lancet published a study to debunk this. The study was so flawed, it had to be withdrawn and yet, that is still the go to study to "debunk" the claims. And then there's the money issue which is huge. My doctor was prescribing hydroxychloroquine until our eminent scientist Governor Lamont banned it. Lamont knows all there is to know about "science".

moke, you really should look at the video. Try to have an open mind. Think about if you want your daughter to be pressured into taking it if she is of child bearing age.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
The purpose of my prior post was to point out that she was arrested for being in the melee at the capitol. I was not commenting on the science of hydroxychloroquine. The reference to the other doctor was an afterthought. We have already had that discussion and everyones views on it are already well known.

Pat I did watch the video and do not disagree with the need to be cautious. I have had the conversation with my daughter quite some time ago about the risks, citing the birth defects brought on by Thalidomide ( a drug a good friend is currently taking)

Since I'm one of the last remaining leftist, Marxist, BLM racists, etc. who hasn't blocked the watercooler or left the site altogether, I'll just put the watercooler on ignore.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:29
You have to feel really bad for the left in this county. YOU won both houses of congress. YOU won the presidency, YOU have full control of censorship on every platform. YOU control every itsy bitsy corner of the universe except this one.

Be happy YOU won! 🥳🎉

1611346825192.png
1611346838928.png
1611346877337.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I read the Hill article and was very disappointed. I thought they were real reporters but the article was filled with purple words, opinions, and unsupported "facts" and irrational implications. I guess the Hill is just as bad as CNN.

Who, What, Where, When. That's what the "news" used to contain. Calling her group "fringe" is purple prose and simply uncalled for. Calling her claims about the dangers of giving vaccines that have not had years of trials to women of child-bearing age false is simply outrageous. Let's not forget Thalidomide and other safe drugs that turned out to be not so safe after all. She never said the vaccine is dangerous and no one should take it. She said, if you are young and so not in grave danger of dying should you become ill and especially if you are a female not past child-bearing age, you might want to consider relying on the proven, early treatment drugs like Hydroxychloroquine rather than risking an unproven vaccine.

This sentence especially irked me:
However, the affidavit indicates that a video of a police officer who was pulled down by a member of the mob during the riot landed in front of Strand and Gold.
What does the fact that a police officer was pulled down by a member of the mob in front of Strand and Gold have to do with them? Is the author implying that Strand and Gold as bystanders were responsible for the attack on the officer??? Hope you're never standing in line next to a bank robber. You must be guilty also.

People really need to be more critical of what they read. I actually stopped reading the NYT years ago. I just can't get past the purple words and innuendo that masquerade as news. But the fact that people don't even question it is really terrifying.

Someone needs to create a "purple words" checker. So instead of checking for "facts", they just color the purple words PURPLE.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:29
The purpose of my prior post was to point out that she was arrested for being in the melee at the capitol. I was not commenting on the science of hydroxychloroquine.

I will accept YOUR statement if you accept MY statement that your comments APPEARED to be argumentum ad hominem, regardless of intent.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The talking heads are talking about the teacher's union wanting ALL school children be required to be vaccinated before reopening schools.

This is so insane it is beyond words. Children have never been proven to be carriers and they rarely even get sick. Fewer children died of COVID last year than the flu!!!!!!!!!!! Why would we risk sterilizing a generation of children by vaccinating them with a a vaccine that has NO long term testing history and which they don't need in any case.

The teachers unions have already proven to us that they don't care a bit about our children. Just look at their manifesto with their demands to go back to school.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The talking heads are talking about the teacher's union wanting ALL school children be required to be vaccinated before reopening schools.

This is so insane it is beyond words. Children have never been proven to be carriers and they rarely even get sick. Fewer children died of COVID last year than the flu!!!!!!!!!!! Why would we risk sterilizing a generation of children by vaccinating them with a a vaccine that has NO long term testing history and which they don't need in any case.

The teachers unions have already proven to us that they don't care a bit about our children. Just look at their manifesto with their demands to go back to school.
don't worry, there is no way that stands the test of time. too many legal challenges possible.

i honestly don't even get the whole 'school reopening' fuss - as if joe biden controls when a local district opens. two major districts in my area are open and have been for some time.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:29
citing the birth defects brought on by Thalidomide

Ah, the time-honored technique of deflection, a.k.a. "bait and switch."

I CERTAINLY would not wish your daughter's babies to have phocomelia or other limb deformities. That would be tragic. Thalidomide is nasty. Granted. You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to warn women away from that drug. You are commended for knowing that level of detail.

However, citing damage by drug A has no intellectual force with respect to discussions about chemically unrelated and very different drug B. We were discussing hydroxychloroquine.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The point moke, which seems to elude you is not that no one should take the vaccine but that there is no long term data yet on the COVID vaccine so while it is certainly worth the risk for people in higher risk categories, it is not worth the risk if you are in a category that will with 99.99 percent probability survive with no ill effects if you catch the virus.

Trump asked Congress to include legislation in the relief bill that would indemnify businesses from being sued over COVID. You can never know where you contracted the disease so of all the places you visited in the prior two week, people will pick the option with the deepest pockets. It's not like black lung disease or mesothelioma where you need exposure to some element to get a disease that can't be found everywhere and either you worked in a coal mine or you didn't. You can't get black lung by shopping in the company store. You didn't get black lung disease at Disney World.

Last year we (my condo association) never opened our pool. We are a small association and couldn't spend $200 per day to cover the cost of someone to simply stand around to enforce social distancing and make sure that the swimmers wiped the Chlorine off the hand rails when they exited the pools with "Other" bleach which apparently kills COVID that the Chlorine does not:) because our Governor decided it was necessary and he is a man of science so he would know. More than half of the board members were terrified of being sued. Our lawyer's position was that they would never win the case but that it would cost us thousands of dollars to defend ourselves and our insurance had endorsements that specifically said that they would not cover Virus, Bacteria, or Fungi related lawsuits. So that covers Covid, Lyme Disease, and the ill effects of mold exposure. These endorsements have been around for several years. The Virus one was added at the time of Swine Flu, the others were added earlier and I'm sure were prompted by some lawsuit somewhere. Remember, the business model of insurance companies is to collect premiums but to avoid whenever possible paying out settlements:) This, of course, is why many large companies are self-insured and only purchase what is called reinsurance. Reinsurance kicks in in tiers and always after the primary insurance pays out so it is catastrophic coverage and therefore relatively inexpensive.

But, Congress couldn't possibly do what Trump asked.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:29
it is not worth the risk if you are in a category that will with 99.99 percent probability survive with no ill effects if you catch the virus.
Risk to whom, yourself or those nearest and dearest to you? Just sayin'.

Regarding Big Pharma, anyone know why Biden has unfrozen the price of insulin as one of his executive orders? Do you think there was some anonymous Big Pharma donors somewhere along the line?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:29
It just went by without fanfare, under the radar. I wonder what the justification is.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
If it happened here surely there'd be talk of the liberals screwing us once again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom