Re:Access 2013 runtime coexist with Office 365 (1 Viewer)

FrankRBGV

Local time
Today, 20:43
Re:Access 2013 runtime coexist with Office 365

I have an Access 2013 runtime installed on a Windows 10 PC that has also Office 365 installed. When I run an Access 2013 database it works well for almost three weeks. But now there are two opinions on this:
One is that it is working well and there are no issues here in terms of compatibility.
Other one is: No, it can’t be installed side by side on one PC. It will cause conflict between the operation system; MS Outlook and OneDrive sync process and it will also be a problem for Office 365 licensing and warranty.
Is that valid concern?
Thanks in advance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:13
Re: Access 2013 runtime coexist with Office 365

Hi. Welcome to the forum. You could have multiple versions of Access installed on one machine. Are you using the runtime version for testing?

FrankRBGV

Local time

No. For a live database with .accde extension. It worked well with Office 2013 now works well with Office 365. Only thing is someone in IT team quesiton this arrangment.

FrankRBGV

Local time

The problem is one PC has crashed and IT support team blaming the Access runtime and saying it caused some conflict or interfered with OneDrive account and will cause crash in the future. But same setting has been applied over at least 30 PCs. It seemed all working well with Office 365 or OneDrive side by side. That’s why I would like to find answers from Access gurus.
Thanks again

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:13

Onedrive is intended for sharing files, not data within those files which is how access works. So Access and onedrive do not work together

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:13

Expanding on CJL's comments, using file sharing services such as OneDrive or Dropbox to store your Access datafile will at some point lead to data corruption. This will happen if anyone is writing/editing data and there is an interruption to the online connection

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:13

The problem is one PC has crashed and IT support team blaming the Access runtime and saying it caused some conflict or interfered with OneDrive account and will cause crash in the future. But same setting has been applied over at least 30 PCs. It seemed all working well with Office 365 or OneDrive side by side. That’s why I would like to find answers from Access gurus.
Thanks again

Hi. As everyone already said, the data corruption with using OneDrive to share an Access database will happen even if you only have one version of Access installed on the machine. However, I don’t think having two versions of Access installed would have anything to do with crashing OneDrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom