really wierd Access query bug? (1 Viewer)

thouston

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
I have a moderate sized table (14000 rows x 25 cols) of scientific data and am doing the simplest query in the world. Select all rows based on a single value in one field (plot no:numeric).

Complicated queries like >2000 And < 2500 work fine but Access crashes when I ask for something simple like 1816.

Here's where it gets really spooky....If I change the table name, it works, and if I change it back it doesn't. It doesn't like the table name "summary", although "test", "ghkehkegfdsljk" and "aardvark" were fine.

Re-importing the data from its original source to a brand new fresh database didn't work.

Is "summary" some kind of reserved word (though that wouldn't explain why it didn't like "tim".....we started feeding people's names in & that was the only one that didn't work)?

Any ideas/similar experiences?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
You can get a list of SQL reserved words by looking in help under reserved words. I don't know any way of getting a comprehensive VBA list. However, long years of experience with various development environments has proven to me that it is dangerous to name user-defined objects with simple non-descriptive words. Use compound words or search the help index when in doubt. Sounds like renaming the table will solve your problem so do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom